News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Hoops 2012

Started by PDH, August 10, 2012, 08:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

QuoteTerps hold off late rally for win over Stony Brook

That's all you really need to know.  Weakest 10-1 start evah.

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on December 21, 2012, 12:49:56 AM
Illinois is for real, and would be a real contender in several conferences this year.  Unfortunately for them, the Big Ten isn't one of them.    They face a murder's row of ranked teams (8 of the 18 conference games will be against teams that went into conference play ranked in the top 20).  They do not, unfortunately for them, match up well against Michigan or Ohio, and they play both twice.  Still, they will make the tournament, probably with ease.

Contrast with Arizona, who is also for real, but apparently won't find any real challenge in the Pac-12, which is looking pretty bad again this year.

Man, what the fuck happened to Pac-10 basketball?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

Wyoming is now 13-0, tonight they beat SMU.  This is the best start in school history, but Wyoming being Wyoming is also shooting itself in the foot - the number 2 scorer got into an "altercation" (word is he stepped in to stop a fight between some rube and one of the trainers)...and broke his 4th metatarsal.

He is out 4-6 weeks...sigh...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

Valmy, we forgot to trash-talk before the UT-WVU game last night.  Both teams are so similar-- difficult pre-season schedule (despite what the idiot announcers in the game said), hovering around .500 entering conference play, great defenses, abysmal offenses, and one impressive win each vs. ranked teams.

I say both teams grind it through conference play to end up with 17 or 18 or so wins apiece and land a 9 or 10 seed.

I missed the game last night but am watching it with Lola right now :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 10, 2013, 10:11:56 AM
Valmy, we forgot to trash-talk before the UT-WVU game last night.  Both teams are so similar-- difficult pre-season schedule (despite what the idiot announcers in the game said), hovering around .500 entering conference play, great defenses, abysmal offenses, and one impressive win each vs. ranked teams.

I say both teams grind it through conference play to end up with 17 or 18 or so wins apiece and land a 9 or 10 seed.

I missed the game last night but am watching it with Lola right now :)

I was too depressed after the Baylor game, Texas plays one of its best games of the year and still loses :weep:

I will be very happy if this team somehow sneaks into the tournament.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on January 10, 2013, 10:16:41 AM
I was too depressed after the Baylor game, Texas plays one of its best games of the year and still loses :weep:

I will be very happy if this team somehow sneaks into the tournament.

On paper both teams appear headed to the NIT, but both usually find a way to get into the NCAA tourney one way or another.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Hey PeeDee

15    San Diego St    9 Wyoming    20 at the half :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PDH

Wyoming lost their best outside shooter to a broken hand (that turned out a week later the bar fight also was where he kicked some dude in the head as well and is now up on charges!).  The Pokes can't score any more, but they can play defense.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

Offensive explosion in the 2nd half.  Wyoming beats number 15 San Diego State 58-45.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Horrible loss to Kansas...I guess I should feel encouraged but Texas had a similar melt down with a big lead against UCLA and that didn't mean anything.

9th loss of the season.  They will be at the point soon where they could win every remaining regular season game and still be a bubble team.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

Apparently the Oregon Ducks are pretty good at basketball too.

Who would have thought?

crazy canuck

Great game between Michigan and IU.

katmai

Quote from: sbr on January 21, 2013, 12:44:52 AM
Apparently the Oregon Ducks are pretty good at basketball too.

Who would have thought?

Neither Stanford or Cal got the memo.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son