News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 11, 2016, 04:04:14 AM
One thing that's annoys me about this game is how slow/unfun the starts everyone but Ottomans get seem in comparison. Even the major powers- England- crappy king, looming disaster. Spain, crappy king, waiting on inheritance. France- they can take cores from England(not that easy with England's naval superiority), but any other expansion will cost a ton of AE and admin points. Ottomans can basically start out with 10 years of conquest and not spend a single admin point. Then they get missions that give them 8 claims at a time. Would be nice if other countries could get those. "Conquer Catalonia" or "Conquer the Low Countries".

Yeah, Portugal has to wait a few years to get out of regency as well.

Eddie Teach

I'm not trying to recreate history here.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on March 11, 2016, 05:27:06 AM

Portugal's a mid-major, so spending a little time to get the right alliances is expected. I would like it if the other majors were a little more fun right out of the gate. Say, French cores on Brittany and Provence, English cores on Scotland, Castile with the ability to trigger the Iberian wedding event, Austria not stuck with that double AE crap. Instead, they're all stuck waiting for the right opportunity to come along, while Ottomans is off to the races.

Tamas

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 11, 2016, 05:41:50 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 11, 2016, 05:27:06 AM

Portugal's a mid-major, so spending a little time to get the right alliances is expected. I would like it if the other majors were a little more fun right out of the gate. Say, French cores on Brittany and Provence, English cores on Scotland, Castile with the ability to trigger the Iberian wedding event, Austria not stuck with that double AE crap. Instead, they're all stuck waiting for the right opportunity to come along, while Ottomans is off to the races.

No.

Eddie Teach

You didn't even let me get to the part about putting Hungary in the Chinese tech group.  :mad:

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 11, 2016, 05:29:10 AM
I'm not trying to recreate history here.  :P

Sure, but I don't see why we would want to encourage AE to blob.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

If you just want to conquer indiscriminately, you can always play the Timurids and Muscovy once the Ottomans got boring. But then the first scenario is called "Rise of the Ottomans", no? It's just the time period where they expanded very quickly to become one of the dominant empires of the era.

Zanza

Mare Nostrum will be out on 5th April for 14.99 EUR/USD.

Phillip V

Quote from: Zanza on March 23, 2016, 12:32:05 PM

Is it a "must have" DLC?

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on March 23, 2016, 10:59:40 PM
Quote from: Zanza on March 23, 2016, 12:32:05 PM

Is it a "must have" DLC?

Given that Dev Diary cycle is now over, looks like no.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Joy. A new patch that's incompatible with my saves and gives us hundreds of new African provinces to muddle through.

They need to cut back on all the growth roadblocks(overextension, admin point cost, etc) if they're going to keep expanding the map.  <_<

Josephus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 06, 2016, 06:50:59 AM
Joy. A new patch that's incompatible with my saves and gives us hundreds of new African provinces to muddle through.

They need to cut back on all the growth roadblocks(overextension, admin point cost, etc) if they're going to keep expanding the map.  <_<

I think they've overpatched this game. It was fine a couple of patches, XPs ago...but their greed gets in the way.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 06, 2016, 06:50:59 AM

Just roll your game back if you want to continue on old saves.

DGuller

I don't know if it's greed or just modder mentality overtaking the developers.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.