News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Queequeg

:lol:

I want it to at least have the capacity to survive.  I don't see why a united Kalmar state couldn't have been a reasonably heavy hitter in an age when Sweden+Finland alone was. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Zanza

Denmark gets:
+5% trade income
-10% ship costs
+15% manpower recovery
+1 yearly naval tradition
+10% tax
-33% naval maintenance
+50% naval force limit
-1 RR
-10% stability
+2 tolerance of true faith
+15% light ship combat

If you want to play a naval game, that must be one of the best idea sets in the game. Denmark can easily build and maintain a huge navy with that. It sucks if you want to fight land wars against Russia or HRE of course.

dps

Quote from: Zanza on February 13, 2014, 06:18:18 AM
At least in earlier patches, you could just annex Holstein, get Ösel or so, then you would be big enough to integrate Norway and could afterwards integrate Sweden. By 1500 you would be a unified Scandinavia and could rival other great powers. Even the AI did that somewhat frequently.

In EUIII Scandinavia formed fairly regularly, but it was almost always formed by Sweden, not Denmark.

Josephus

You know what one of the things tht really bugs me in this game? It bugs me so much that for the first time since I started playing this entire EU series, back in 2001, I had to load an autosave. (other than for CTDs).

It's the fact that if I go to war with someone, and that someone (say Lithuania) calls its allies (say France) and France becomes the leader, I am now at war with all of France's allies too. It's hard to know just who you're going to be figting against. I'm Russia and was expecting a decent war with Lithuania and Poland, her ally,and France. Not Lithuania, Poland, France, Spain, England, Persia and a bunch of Californian colonies.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zanza

This game somehow feels dead compared to Crusader Kings. Very little news about upcoming DLCs and the forum over at Paradox seems less active too.

crazy canuck

Said it before and I will say it again, I think the new colonial mechanism has killed this game.

Viking

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 13, 2014, 01:21:14 PM
Said it before and I will say it again, I think the new colonial mechanism has killed this game.

how so?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Viking on March 13, 2014, 01:45:43 PM

how so?

Because the home country loses control over their colonies for no reason other than reaching the size of 5 colonies.

Queequeg

I really don't get why it is just for New World colonies, too.  Similar mechanics should work for the BEIC, the VOC and the other related companies. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on March 13, 2014, 02:59:55 PM
I really don't get why it is just for New World colonies, too.  Similar mechanics should work for the BEIC, the VOC and the other related companies. 

Because that's for the upcoming DLC?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

I would really hate it if all colonies were modelled on the US rebellion.

Josephus

It did for me.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on March 13, 2014, 03:07:52 PM

Because that's for the upcoming DLC?

But that's just it. The new colonial mechanics, althought tied to the DLC are not really part of it. They were included in the patch not the DLC.
Civis Romanus Sum