And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Quote from: Zanza on January 28, 2014, 12:02:59 PM
Sounds interesting. :)

It should come with dynamic trade routes though as that is a major flaw of EU4 vanilla to me.
:yes:

Maximus

Even more so with the procedurally generated new world, where you get cases like in my game where Brazil and the Caribbean share a small continent but are completely unconnected trade-wise.

Liep

I'm surprised at how poorly they did the new expansion. And even more surprised at the amount of misspellings they can manage to put into one infobox.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

The generated map sucks, to use an old phrase, the new subject colonies make no sense (Brazil has a standing army larger than my Portugal can muster), and then of course the information given about the new features, both the delivery and the content.

It'll probably be better in the not so distand (:P) future.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Queequeg

Is that impossible? Brazil's a big place.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Liep

Well, a 5 province Brazil in 1490-something, yeah...?

Viking

Quote from: Liep on January 29, 2014, 02:42:09 PM

the new world provinces have a huge tax base. On par with Europe. So freshly colonized provinces are often like antwerp or stockholm or ferrara or normandie in tax terms.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

Not sure I like the whole subject colonies thing at all.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on January 29, 2014, 02:42:09 PM

Historically Brazil's population went past Portugal's around 1790 so maybe you are just overachieving.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

So I'm suppose to lose half the trade to my colonial subjects or is there a button I haven't found?

Solmyr

Liep

Great, the protestant reformation started in Gabu 1511. Owned and controlled by Jolof.

DGuller

Quote from: Liep on January 30, 2014, 06:26:42 PM
Great, the protestant reformation started in Gabu 1511. Owned and controlled by Jolof.
:lmfao:

Josephus

[Paradox fanboi mode] It's alternative history. If you want real history read a history book. [/Paradox fanboi mode]

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011