News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatron

Thats how the new dlc looks like.The random land creation looks bad at the moment thats why they postponed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvktvCQqwk4&feature=youtu.be

Liep

Quote from: Anatron on November 12, 2013, 03:33:27 AM
Thats how the new dlc looks like.The random land creation looks bad at the moment thats why they postponed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvktvCQqwk4&feature=youtu.be

People who make videos like that need to learn to only move the mouse when it's needed.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

I like how the one guy was trying to explain those sort of limited colonial wars and the other guy was like yeah and then mother countries can jump in and then coalitions and then it becomes a really big war. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on November 12, 2013, 08:53:49 AM
I like how the one guy was trying to explain those sort of limited colonial wars and the other guy was like yeah and then mother countries can jump in and then coalitions and then it becomes a really big war. :D
Just like the Seven Years War :mmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Maximus

The random parts of the map look fine to me.

Syt

Are they going to implement random maps for the Balkans, too?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on November 12, 2013, 11:23:48 AM

from 50,000 feet yes, but... up close?

and.. generated trade nodes, still haven't been mentioned.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Zanza

Quote from: Viking on November 12, 2013, 11:41:38 AM
Quote from: Maximus on November 12, 2013, 11:23:48 AM

from 50,000 feet yes, but... up close?

and.. generated trade nodes, still haven't been mentioned.
They have said they won't change the trade nodes. However, some screenshots show a new central Atlantic trade node that seems to get all trade from Caribbean and Chesapeake...

Queequeg

Colonial Companies!  No more shipping 50k men from Amsterdam for massive anti-coalition wars in Indonesia! 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 12, 2013, 09:09:03 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 12, 2013, 08:53:49 AM
Just like the Seven Years War :mmm:

Pity Russia backed out before Austria could get all of Prussia's colonies.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Anatron

I hope they will nerf the polish ideas,because they are OP as I see.

Viking

Quote from: Anatron on November 13, 2013, 05:29:51 AM

meh, you were outnumberd, out teched and I was suffering from teh "increased jannisary recruitment" giving me-10% discipline and -10% morale.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Anatron

Quote from: Viking on November 13, 2013, 06:23:32 AM
Quote from: Anatron on November 13, 2013, 05:29:51 AM

meh, you were outnumberd, out teched and I was suffering from teh "increased jannisary recruitment" giving me-10% discipline and -10% morale.

Not only because what you wrote.Poland recives bonuses what none of others.

+15% moral
+10% infantry combat
+10-15% discipline
+33% cavalry!!!

If it creates CW tgats just too mutch.

Poland realy needs a nerf for game balance.

DGuller

On the other hand, it's Eastern tech, and while Eastern tech armies are effective at some things, fighting enemy armies is not one of them.  Especially when one of those Western armies benefits from Prussian ideas.

Anatron

Quote from: DGuller on November 13, 2013, 08:56:30 AM
On the other hand, it's Eastern tech, and while Eastern tech armies are effective at some things, fighting enemy armies is not one of them.  Especially when one of those Western armies benefits from Prussian ideas.

Once it become westernized Poland become stronger then Austria.