Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Fireblade

Quote from: Tamas on August 10, 2013, 07:43:45 AM
Quote from: Fireblade on August 10, 2013, 07:00:00 AM
Well, that was convenient. All of France converted to Protestantism via event.
it

:huh:

The Spread of Protestant Reformation thing. Within 2 years or so, every single province in France was Protestant. Which was great, because I switched state religion, waited until Austria was in a war, and then DoWed, took some shit in the Netherlands, and force converted them.

crazy canuck

Does anyone know whether trading range is measured from the nearest core or the nearest trade hub where the nation has a presence.

JonasSalk

Quote from: ulmont on August 09, 2013, 09:41:24 PM
Jonas, I'm seeing similar numbers being reported on something awful.

The Paradox forums?

QuoteThe balancer, I am given to understand, is that you're really screwing yourself on tech advancement through spending all your points on conversions.

Yeah, that's what I've been reading, too. I'd probably only convert really troublesome provinces of cultures that I didn't already tolerate, rather than have everything be unified.
Yuman

ulmont

JonasSalk

Says I have to register to see that. I didn't think Something Awful even existed anymore. I thought that was a relic of the early 2000s.
Yuman

JonasSalk

Okay so...apparently sending a colonist to a colony doesn't add 100 people like it used to. It just increases the number of people gained over time by a significant amount until you recall the colonist. I think I like that more, since it means I don't have to spend shit tons of ducats on constantly sending colonists.
Yuman

Drakken

MEIOU and Death & Taxes (personally my favourite EU3 mod since MM) will merge for EUIV,

This mod will be a killer.  :)

Drakken

Quote from: JonasSalk on August 10, 2013, 08:54:22 PM
Okay so...apparently sending a colonist to a colony doesn't add 100 people like it used to. It just increases the number of people gained over time by a significant amount until you recall the colonist. I think I like that more, since it means I don't have to spend shit tons of ducats on constantly sending colonists.

Forget about spamming colonists like EU1-3, they don't exist anymore.

To build a colony you must send a colonist there and let it build (and pay money monthly in upkeep, that's still there and can sink your budget down if your economy can't handle it). That also means that your number of colonists simultaneously building colonies is severely limited.

JonasSalk

Yeah, I watched a video of Quill18 playing a later-game Portugal and he had about a dozen colonies. His income was in the extreme negatives and each month he was taking 8-12 loans just to keep up. It was a disaster. No more ultra-colonizing, which I like, since it means legitimate built-up colonies might get fought over and there won't be an insane scramble to colonize everything ASAP, because it'll cost too much to do that.

What did MEIOU and D&T do?
Yuman

Drakken

Quote from: JonasSalk on August 10, 2013, 09:12:21 PM
Yeah, I watched a video of Quill18 playing a later-game Portugal and he had about a dozen colonies. His income was in the extreme negatives and each month he was taking 8-12 loans just to keep up. It was a disaster. No more ultra-colonizing, which I like, since it means legitimate built-up colonies might get fought over and there won't be an insane scramble to colonize everything ASAP, because it'll cost too much to do that.

What did MEIOU and D&T do?

Thankfully, loans and inflation have been changed so that loans can easily be repayed and are not so crippling anymore. Inflation nows increases only with taking loans (and possibily gold mines), since minting doesn't exist anymore.

Basically, MEIOU is a huge map and graphic overhaul adding lots of provinces with some additional content, while D&T is a historical overhaul of the events, decisions, and missions with some map changes, and notably expands the game from 1356 to 1930. They are the two biggest EU3 mods which are still active, and the mission of the two maps overlap enough so that merging them seems natural.

Ideologue

Quote from: Fireblade on August 09, 2013, 10:37:05 PM
I think I'll try out Sweden next. Based upon what I've seen so far, it can beat the SHIT out of Denmark/Norway, Poland, and Moscovy. It probably has some ridiculous bullshit events like "VIKINGS REBORN +100 MORALE", "ENEMY RULER SUBJECTED TO BLOOD EAGLE +50 PRESTIGE" and "GREAT BLOT ALL EUROPEAN RULERS SACRIFICED TO ODIN +SWEDEN WINS GAME" :rolleyes:
:lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

ulmont

Quote from: JonasSalk on August 10, 2013, 08:52:28 PM
Says I have to register to see that. I didn't think Something Awful even existed anymore. I thought that was a relic of the early 2000s.

I never can tell what you can see without an account.  And regarding relics of the early 2000s...look around. :contract:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

JonasSalk

Oop, old man Garbon's got his 'Heimer's actin' up agin'. Somebody best get him his walkin' stick.
Yuman