And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alcibiades

I'm gonna end up pre-ordering it, and I won't be able to play the first week so they should have a couple of emergency patches out for it by then.   :homestar:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

I may pre-order as it looks so pretty and they did a fab job with CK2.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Even if the game is broken the first week it's out, I actually believe that Paradox will make this a good product.  I am probably going to pre-order as well.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on June 10, 2013, 04:59:37 PM
Even if the game is broken the first week it's out, I actually believe that Paradox will make this a good product.  I am probably going to pre-order as well.

I'm convinced it will be awesome as well, but I'm going to wait for a patch ro two.  Hekll, I might wait for a DLC or two.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

The most important country in the world just got described in a development diary. And no, it's not the dirty lutefiskers.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?695756-Europa-Universalis-IV-Developer-diary-35-Alt-for-Norge!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

Quote from: Liep on June 14, 2013, 03:14:09 AM
The most important country in the world just got described in a development diary. And no, it's not the dirty lutefiskers.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?695756-Europa-Universalis-IV-Developer-diary-35-Alt-for-Norge!

It all began with Norway. Johan was in Oslo when he bought a copy of the EU boargame at Oslo Game Store Avalon.

Though I don't like those ideas for norway, especially the colonization ones. It's not really until after the end of the game that romanticism spreads to scandinavia and knowledge of the sagas expands beyond icelandic farmers and danish and swedish intellectuals.

For norway I'd give infantry an improved defensive bonus for bad terrain, give norway increased trade income from low tax base provinces and I'd give norway a reduced stab cost for poor home culture provinces.

Rather than give them two extra colonial ideas to stack along with the romantic prestige idea. Give them the ability to make poor provinces decent, the ability to defend those poor provinces and the ability to recover quickly as a poor small country.

But that's just something for a mod.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Phillip V

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

I liked the Casus Belli song better.

Phillip V

Syt

Since the game requires Steam, anyways, why would you buy on GG (unless it's cheaper there)?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

Quote from: Phillip V on June 25, 2013, 09:59:22 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on June 09, 2013, 03:16:24 AM
Steam gives a 10% discount if you already own EU3.
I see that GamersGate now also matches that 10% discount.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-EU4DEE/europa-universalis-iv-digital-extreme-edition

It says they do, but doesn't seem to work for me.  :unsure:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

So... is there a way to redeem that signup offer...thing, or will that be later?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Seen

Quote from: Habbaku on June 25, 2013, 11:47:56 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on June 25, 2013, 09:59:22 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on June 09, 2013, 03:16:24 AM
Steam gives a 10% discount if you already own EU3.
I see that GamersGate now also matches that 10% discount.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-EU4DEE/europa-universalis-iv-digital-extreme-edition

It says they do, but doesn't seem to work for me.  :unsure:

Price: €44.99

Thats with discount?