News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Not really in the mood for another EU product with 2,134 separate Swedish events on royal marriages, parliamentary innovations, and the invention of the 100-point thermometer scale.

Habbaku

You didn't actually play EU III, did you?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

No.  I stopped purchasing Paradox products after Farts of Iron and Victoria, when their fucked up portal wouldn't let me download the Victoria expansion.  Never got my refund on that, either.

So fuck em and their 100-point thermometer scale events.

Ed Anger

Somebody wants to hit them with a bag of wet dead fetuses.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 12, 2012, 07:56:16 PM
No.  I stopped purchasing Paradox products after Farts of Iron and Victoria, when their fucked up portal wouldn't let me download the Victoria expansion.  Never got my refund on that, either.

So fuck em and their 100-point thermometer scale events.

Perfectly valid reasons to ignore their products, but EU III didn't have anything really approaching historical events except for the spread of the Protestant Reformation and the Reformed Churches.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I thought playing colonial powers was plenty of fun...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on August 12, 2012, 08:16:25 PM
You were mistaken.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on August 12, 2012, 08:16:25 PM

I thought it was too, especially the exploration and colony aspects. 

Pretty funny from a game company that wasn't allowed to use the swastika in HoI, but let you harvest slaves in EU2.  GET ON THE DAMN BOAT BOY

Ed Anger

I liked assraping Sweden with a horde of Russians.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Colonial powers were fun, but could be a lot more so without the micro.  I always found the predominantly land powers to be the best, though ended up colonizing with them too because of the money involved.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Yeah it would be cool if you could just target colonization to particular areas (like the Hudson Bay or the like) and then actual colonists would settle on their own, eventually producing towns and provinces.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on August 13, 2012, 12:42:25 AM
Yeah it would be cool if you could just target colonization to particular areas (like the Hudson Bay or the like) and then actual colonists would settle on their own, eventually producing towns and provinces.

Except even in the 21st century nobody lives on Hudson's Bay...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on August 13, 2012, 12:46:36 AM

IT'S A GAME NOT A SIMULATION!!!1111oneone

:P

dps

Quote from: Tamas on August 13, 2012, 01:27:50 AM
Quote from: Barrister on August 13, 2012, 12:46:36 AM

IT'S A GAME NOT A SIMULATION!!!1111oneone

:P

I think you missed the joke.

Tamas