News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

So is Rights of Man worth getting? It's at -15% discount at GamesPlanet and Wingamestore.

Liep

Quote from: Solmyr on October 12, 2016, 05:34:48 AM
So is Rights of Man worth getting? It's at -15% discount at GamesPlanet and Wingamestore.

I'm thinking of breaking my only buying DLCs at 50% or more discount policy for the Queen regencies.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

I think EU4 is the easiest when you play a historical great power, e.g. Ottomans or Castille. Very straightforward and allows you to make lots of errors before you have an irreversible setback.

Josephus

Problem I have with it-- and I know this is a first world problem-- is that with  all the updates, I can never remember all the rules and different things. Game needs a comprehensive manual
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2016, 03:44:00 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 11, 2016, 11:25:22 PM
Edward IV of England, father of 10 children, earner of the new ruler trait... infertile?  What the hell, Paradox. :rolleyes:

Glad you are picking up on key errors!
Ease on that snark, it's bad for your health.  I never said it was a major issue, just one I noticed during my brief play through.  Richard III has the same ruler trait.  It just seems odd that they chose that out of all the options.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

garbon

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 12, 2016, 05:09:55 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2016, 03:44:00 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 11, 2016, 11:25:22 PM
Edward IV of England, father of 10 children, earner of the new ruler trait... infertile?  What the hell, Paradox. :rolleyes:

Glad you are picking up on key errors!
Ease on that snark, it's bad for your health.  I never said it was a major issue, just one I noticed during my brief play through.  Richard III has the same ruler trait.  It just seems odd that they chose that out of all the options.

You are the one who busted out 'what the hell' and a rolleyes. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on October 12, 2016, 04:27:10 PM
Problem I have with it-- and I know this is a first world problem-- is that with  all the updates, I can never remember all the rules and different things. Game needs a comprehensive manual

Welcome to all p'dox games?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2016, 05:12:31 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 12, 2016, 04:27:10 PM

Welcome to all p'dox games?

I've been here since 2001 :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Actually they now have the p'dox run wikis for each game which are kept fairly well up to date.

DGuller

At some point EU4 just lost me.  Can't pinpoint when exactly, but the soul just got sucked out of the game.

Phillip V

Quote from: DGuller on October 16, 2016, 05:54:45 PM
At some point EU4 just lost me.  Can't pinpoint when exactly, but the soul just got sucked out of the game.

This guy feels lots of soul:

DGuller

Quote from: Phillip V on October 16, 2016, 06:50:05 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 16, 2016, 05:54:45 PM

This guy feels lots of soul:

:bleeding: I hope that's one of the QA testers or an LPer.

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2016, 05:35:20 PM
Actually they now have the p'dox run wikis for each game which are kept fairly well up to date.

Fairly but not quite. Also not quite the same as a manual. Call me old fashioned.  :D
Civis Romanus Sum

Josephus

4000 hours.

Does the math...

Divide by two, carry the....

holy, that's 166 days.
Civis Romanus Sum

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on October 16, 2016, 07:53:22 PM
4000 hours.

Does the math...

Divide by two, carry the....

holy, that's 166 days.

That's about the same as my WoW time played in 2005 :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk