News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

What a grand and intoxicating innocence!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on May 12, 2021, 08:01:28 AM
I like the reactions in some corners. "Oh wow, what a sincere apology and acknowledging the issues and promising to do better." Other devs would never do that, much respect."

My reaction:

:lol:

Syt

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/do-you-want-to-work-for-tinto-and-help-us-patch-the-game.1476075/

QuoteDo you want to work for Tinto and help us patch the game?

We need a release engineer!

https://career.paradoxplaza.com/jobs/1181198-release-engineer

Johan Andersson
Studio Manager Paradox Tinto - Follow me at Twitter!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Now, it would be more interesting to know hours spent MP vs SP, but it's still interesting considering Pdox generally balance their games for MP (or used to).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Yeah I hope lots of "the hell are you balancing around MP then" questions are being asked. Including Johan's superiors.

Syt

I think the official line was something like if you balance the game and AI around MP, then the game is more fun/competitive in SP, too. Nothing to do with Johan loving to play MP. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Which, of course, players have told them many times over makes no sense.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

To be fair, number of games is not the best metric here.  Multiplayer games don't zoom through at 5x speed like a lot of SP games do, so by time spent it's more than 4%.  Also, SP games obviously have a single player spending that time, while MP games obviously have multiple players, so that bumps up the engagement time share further.

The Brain

So Origins is tagged Psychological Horror and Hentai. Fair?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

So, from a Steam review of Origins:

"Alright, so apparently, PU's aren't possible anymore. If you follow the mission tree's of Austria, Spain, France, Bavaria, or England, you will eventually run into various missions that require you to PU (Personal Union) a large country that will cause you to spiral wildly into deep Aggressive Expansion. All of Europe will coalition you (over 80 countries) and you WILL lose the game. Even AI's are getting crushed in every game I've run. According to the developers on twitter, this is "working as intended" which is a WILDLY bad decision."

Okay... :unsure:

Syt

I'm guessing 0.001% of the player base, heavily min-maxing, found the PU mechanic too easy to exploit? :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josephus

Looks like there's a hotfix for that.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

I have this in my Steam account, maybe I should one day have a go at playing it? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zanza

I got the latest DLC and am currently playing Kilwa. It's a bit similar to Portugal, which is one of my favorite countries to play. Focus is on trade and colonization. The mission trees in Africa seem okay so far. They nerfed some of the worst things from the previous DLC, so that seems okay now. Got it at 2/3 off, so seems fair value.

Eddie Teach

Why is it, no matter how many battles your general has won, "he died too soon, having accomplished little of note"?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?