News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on August 20, 2012, 08:08:11 AM
R we really supposed to discuss this game daily, when it's over a year before it's out?

No, you don't have to discuss anything.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

Finally, the map looks like Medival 2 Total War.
It took quite a few years.

Notice the trade routes with the little ships.
Still no roads though, still behind Medieval 2.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Habbaku

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?628080-The-uniqueness-of-the-Ottoman-Empire&p=14260537#post14260537

QuoteThe Ottoman Empire was the dominating power of the game's time span. Most of Europe's foreign politics were focussed in driving them back or avoiding wars with them. All main trade routes were in their hands and they were technologically ahead of Europe (or for gameplay reasons at least on same level).

:lol:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on August 28, 2012, 04:37:22 AM
Ottomantards rising?

An obvious improvement over Byzanteens and Balkantards.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Pfft. If this goes on I'll have to found the Muscovytard club, just to piss off the Martinustards.

crazy canuck

Will no one speak for the Venetiantards?

Faeelin

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 28, 2012, 12:05:56 PM
Will no one speak for the Venetiantards?

Once she held the east in fee, and was the safeguard of the west...

I'll stop.

I think the post is over the top, but it'd nice to see the Ottomans end up as a terrifying force which threaten Vienna, raid the Mediterranean coast, etc.

Shade

Anyone want to start up a game of Europa for  old times sake? My dad and I have been playing on and off and having a lot of fun. We could do an advanced start date to make things more interesting.

Solmyr

I might be up for it depending on playing time.

Razgovory

They've changed so much in EU3 with all the add ons, I don't know what's what anymore. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Shade

Quote from: Razgovory on August 29, 2012, 12:13:07 PM
They've changed so much in EU3 with all the add ons, I don't know what's what anymore. :(

Best way to learn and to prepare for IV is by playing :) I am up to A Saturday/Sunday game for Euro people or a Weeknight game. I have a fairly open schedule right now.

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on August 28, 2012, 04:57:44 AM
An obvious improvement over Byzanteens and Balkantards.

Might they be the same people?  The Ottomans were in the Balkans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

Byzanteens, Balkantards, and Ottomantards are usually at each others' throats.

DGuller

Quote from: Solmyr on August 29, 2012, 02:31:50 PM
Byzanteens, Balkantards, and Ottomantards are usually at each others' throats.
It seems like everything related to Balkans is suffering from Balkanization.  :(