News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

It begins

Started by 11B4V, August 06, 2012, 04:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

I went as long as I could without refuelling my cars, but the last of the full service stations in my neighbourhood closed last Christmas, so now I have to slum it like the common folk and fill up my own car. Thinking about buying a Volt next so I can avoid such indecencies.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Phfft, you guys. :rolleyes:

When I was young, if you saw a pothole in the road, we'd stop the car, get out,and have it scrapped, rather than go to the inconvenience of turning the steering wheel to avoid it.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Neil

Quote from: mongers on August 07, 2012, 01:16:04 PM
Phfft, you guys. :rolleyes:

When I was young, if you saw a pothole in the road, we'd stop the car, get out,and have it scrapped, rather than go to the inconvenience of turning the steering wheel to avoid it.  :bowler:
:lol:
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on August 07, 2012, 12:57:51 PM
I went as long as I could without refuelling my cars, but the last of the full service stations in my neighbourhood closed last Christmas, so now I have to slum it like the common folk and fill up my own car. Thinking about buying a Volt next so I can avoid such indecencies.

Move to NJ?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 07, 2012, 08:55:01 AM
Quote from: Barrister on August 07, 2012, 08:52:26 AM
Looks like an 80s Mustang.  No idea why you'd swap out the tranny rather than just buying a new manual 80s Mustang.

Well, if it's a 5.0, they are pretty pricey to come by  :lol:  The manual transmission job would probably be cheaper.

:D It's a '91 5.0. I've owned it since 2001. The aftermarket for the fox body's is huge. BTW, there's nothing wrong with the AOD auto trans in it. Works fine and is not as irritating since I put a LENTEC valve body in it to change the shift pattern back in 2002. The manual increases the "giggle" factor. 

I had the engine (short block) rebuilt in 2010. Still less than 1500 miles on it right now. Only thing that was reused was the rods, crank, timing chain cover, valve covers and the upper/lower intake. Everything else was new (cylinder heads, new block, cam, time chain, oil pump etc.) The intake was sent to a dude in Missouri to be fully ported. Other things done are bigger injects and MAF, off road H-pipe, 4.10 rear gears, subframes.

When ford built the fox body mustang '87-'93 the auto and manual versions were built on the same platform so to speak. Everythnng swaps over. The T-5 manual trans is a "top loader" trans, means no shifter linkage. Also, the clutch is operated by a "cable" not "linkage" like the old 60's- '70's muscle cars had. Converting the old 60's- '70's muscle cars to a manual trans is way more involved. The foxbody mustang is easy.

Next will be coil over front and rear suspension.
Or get the front suspension back on the R/T. Still have to pull the engine/trans so I can refurbish the K-frame before that happens.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

lol, every time I see that fucking Aspen, it reminds me of my '76 Plymouth Volare. 

Man, I had so much fun in that thing, and it wasn't even my favorite car.   :lol:

Siege

Why did you steal 5 minutes of my time?

Properly name your threads. Respect other people's time.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

Keep being vague everybody!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

So i shouldn't start "Siegy is an ignorant douche" thread?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on August 07, 2012, 07:23:25 PM
So i shouldn't start "Siegy is an ignorant douche" thread?

Keep it vague.

"jews are a vinegar-based wash"

katmai

I still have much to learn from you sensi.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

I am the lightbringer.

11B4V

Quote from: Siege on August 07, 2012, 06:45:21 PM

Reciprocity
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

szmik

Quote from: Siege on August 07, 2012, 06:45:21 PM

Meh, it's Languish, it steals much more than that with meaningless threads  :secret:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 07, 2012, 05:14:36 PM
lol, every time I see that fucking Aspen, it reminds me of my '76 Plymouth Volare. 

Hey, I had a '76 Volare, too.  Blew the engine while I was on my way back from vacation in Texas, and my mom had to drive about 1000 miles and pick me up.

Up to that point, it had been a good car.