When it rains it pours! More Raz problems

Started by Razgovory, July 30, 2012, 12:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I seem to be having lots of problems lately.  Current PC is crashing into blue screen.  I am probably going to take it in Tuesday.  I've gotten a whole host of weird things.  Trouble updating windows, for some reason I can't get google to work, sound sometimes stutters etc.  When I get the blue screen I later get these codes describing the problem:

QuoteBCCode:   1000008e
  BCP1:   C0000005
  BCP2:   8233E9E1
  BCP3:   9D30A784
  BCP4:   00000000
  OS Version:   6_0_6001
  Service Pack:   1_0
  Product:   768_1

It's been happening with more frequency lately.  Can't open steam without it doing it now.  Don't know what's causing it, suspect it's a problem with the MoBo.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

No matter, it's at the shop.  I should find the problem tomorrow.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

DontSayBanana

It sounds like your RAM's corrupted.  I'm not familiar with the STOP codes for BCP2 and BCP3, but C0000005 and 00000000 are "memory access violation" and "memory could not be read," respectively.  1000008e is a kinda generic error code for "unhandled exception," but it's usually triggered by corrupted or dead RAM or VRAM.

It's definitely hardware, since it's happening consistently, and I'm inclined to say it's got something to do with your graphics chipset, since you're pointing out Steam as a trigger.  What kind of video card is in your computer?
Experience bij!

Razgovory

I talked to the guy at the shop.  He said it was not hardware.  Everything is fine on that front.  He said it was a rootkit.   I've never heard of a rootkit or any virus surviving a reformating( or two!).  Anyway, I should get the computer back tommorow.  Damnedist thing I ever heard of.  There is always a chance he is wrong though.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Razgovory on August 02, 2012, 09:37:22 PM
I talked to the guy at the shop.  He said it was not hardware.  Everything is fine on that front.  He said it was a rootkit.   I've never heard of a rootkit or any virus surviving a reformating( or two!).  Anyway, I should get the computer back tommorow.  Damnedist thing I ever heard of.  There is always a chance he is wrong though.

Only way that can happen is if you re-install something that has a rootkit.  You don't play BioShock, do you?
Experience bij!

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on August 02, 2012, 09:37:22 PM
most virus survive reformating.  It's de-partitionning they don't survive.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.