News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

German steel production drops by over 50%

Started by Syt, May 11, 2009, 06:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.forextv.com/Forex/News/ShowStory.jsp?seq=942913&category=Economic+News
QuoteGerman April Raw Steel Production Drops Further
05/11/09 02:30 am (EST)

(RTTNews) - Monday, Germany's Federal Statistical Office announced that the raw steel production in metallurgical plants declined 53.1% year-over-year to 1.88 million tones in April, compared with a 49.8% fall in the previous month.

At the same time, pig iron production dropped 56.8% to 1.06 million tones, after falling 50.3% in March.

This was the highest annual decline of pig iron and raw steel production since German reunification, the Destatis said.
Monday, Germany's Federal Statistical Office announced that the raw steel production in metallurgical plants declined 53.1% year-over-year to 1.88 million tones in April, compared with a 49.8% fall in the previous month.

According to German sources that's the lowest level of steel production since the 1950s and is linked mostly to the weak demand from automobile, machine production industries in the wake of the global crisis.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Hope they're not planning on going to war soon.  :bowler:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Iormlund

Damned events messing with the sliders. I hate when that happens.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Josephus on May 11, 2009, 06:55:42 AM
Actually, since consumer demand has plunged, a lot more IC can be spent on production.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 11, 2009, 08:37:29 AM
Actually, since consumer demand has plunged, a lot more IC can be spent on production.

But their IC is gonna drop like a rock when they run out of metal.
Hopefully they've been stockpiling.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Faeelin

And shortly thereafter....

German economy needs food badly!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on May 11, 2009, 08:54:50 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 11, 2009, 08:37:29 AM

But their IC is gonna drop like a rock when they run out of metal.
Hopefully they've been stockpiling.
Its not the metal, its the rubber and oil.
PDH!

Zanza

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 11, 2009, 08:37:29 AMActually, since consumer demand has plunged, a lot more IC can be spent on production.
We had slider settings for low consumer demand even before the crisis, so not much changed there.

The Brain

They are Germans. They can survive on a handful of rice and bamboo shoots a month.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Warspite

Does this event affect German slider settings?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Olive

Norgy

A war would boost demand.
It is bound to happen. And Russia's still there.  :perv: