Future Olympic Sports - What Should Be In And What Out ?

Started by mongers, August 01, 2012, 07:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 02, 2012, 03:48:56 PM
So I'm watching this "Handball"--which isn't handball, as real handball is played in a racquetball court--this is more like retardo dodgeball with a net.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

:lol:

Yeah i tried watching it and had to change the channel after 5mins.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 02, 2012, 03:53:41 PM
Norwegian women playing? :)

It's been all men's matches when i look, except for one Yi's people vs Liep's people....none of the ladies for either side looked attractive.

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 02, 2012, 06:47:06 AM
Dump field hockey also. My back hurts just watching those players run while hunched over.

Glad to see I'm not the only one having that reaction.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on August 02, 2012, 03:59:44 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 02, 2012, 06:47:06 AM
Dump field hockey also. My back hurts just watching those players run while hunched over.

Glad to see I'm not the only one having that reaction.

Yeah, those field hockey girls were cute in high school with those athletic legs you could chew on for a day, but the Olympics?  Meh.  Dump it.

Admiral Yi

Need to keep men's field hockey so Indians don't feel 100% useless.

Viking

Quote from: katmai on August 02, 2012, 03:52:17 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 02, 2012, 03:48:56 PM
So I'm watching this "Handball"--which isn't handball, as real handball is played in a racquetball court--this is more like retardo dodgeball with a net.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

:lol:

Yeah i tried watching it and had to change the channel after 5mins.

WTF? Healthy Pretty Athletic Women being Violent? How the hell can you get bored with that?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Warspite

Handball is awesome and really physical. I'll hear nothing against it. In fact, I'm not sure why you Yanquis don't love it. It involves people crashing into each other like lunatics, and bit like AmFoot but with leaner types.

I don't see a need to strip the Olympics of lots of events, aside from idiotic spectacles like the poor-quality football, tennis (four slams is enough), and dressage.

There are some good sports that would make decent Olympic spectacles.

Rugby sevens is a thrilling game and has quite a good international showing. I'm not sure how you could integrate cricket (20:20 is just a slogger's charter) and it would just mean more medals for the Commonwealth but it could be worth a go. And I'm surprised squash isn't already an Olympic sport.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Warspite on August 02, 2012, 04:08:36 PM
Handball is awesome and really physical. I'll hear nothing against it. In fact, I'm not sure why you Yanquis don't love it. It involves people crashing into each other like lunatics, and bit like AmFoot but with leaner types.

Dude, we have the NBA and NFL.  We get real professionals crashing into each other like lunatics.

It's a silly, silly sport.

The Brain

I've enjoyed handballing in my day but no way in hell it is a spectator sport.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Quote from: The Brain on August 02, 2012, 04:16:30 PM
I've enjoyed handballing in my day but no way in hell it is a spectator sport.

You clearly weren't doing it right.

Admiral Yi

Has the IOC stopped doing exhibition sports altogether or did Britain just abstain?

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 02, 2012, 06:11:07 PM
Has the IOC stopped doing exhibition sports altogether or did Britain just abstain?

Accoring to wiki:

Although formal demonstration sports were eliminated following the 1992 Summer Olympics,[337] special tournaments for non-Olympic sports can be run during the Games, such as the Wushu tournament at the 2008 Summer Olympics.[338] There were attempts to run Twenty20 cricket,[338] and netball[339] tournaments parallel with the 2012 Games, but neither campaign was successful.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

US chick who won gold in judo is built like a semi.

Incidentally, anyone know why it's called a semi?  Is there a full version too?

katmai