And we're back!

Main Menu

Spain is falling apart

Started by Martim Silva, August 02, 2012, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martim Silva

Man, today was a bad day for Spain.

Its King tripped and fell:

Then the Giant Flag at the Columbus Square in Madrid, a symbol of the nation, mysteriously fell off:

After that, the stock market crashed:

And the interest on the debt skyrocketed.

Frankly, the country is falling apart at the seams.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

Hopefully the king didn't 'accidentally' shoot anybody after his fall.
PDH!

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on August 02, 2012, 12:39:37 PM
man, he really face planted.

When referring to the stock market we normally dont refer to it as "he".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martim Silva on August 02, 2012, 12:14:15 PM

"The King wore olive pants and a short sleeve shirt today, guess the rest of us have to too."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Lettow77

I was hoping this thread was about the secession of the semiautonomous provinces.

Of course, with disasters in spain, it could easily turn into such :)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Neil

A 5% drop isn't great, but we'll see what happens tomorrow.  Then again, Spain's got bigger problems then the stock market.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Iormlund

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 02, 2012, 12:54:26 PM
"The King wore olive pants and a short sleeve shirt today, guess the rest of us have to too."

Army colours.

Zanza

It's probably just a coincidence that the stock market fell with the ECB's latest policy announcement. The real reason must be the king and the flag.

Ed Anger

Draghi really grinded my gears today. Fucking Europeans.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

You should know now Ed. Whenever there's an ECB press conference everything goes to shit.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 02, 2012, 04:52:23 PM
You should know now Ed. Whenever there's an ECB press conference everything goes to shit.

I was actually unprepared. I didn't realize there was a conference. I've been slightly out of the loop.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive