News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The State of Affairs in Russia

Started by Syt, August 01, 2012, 12:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

It's probably been on the way for longer, but this seems like a "Hey, thanks for finding some muslims to take the blame."

http://www.rferl.org/content/putin-awards-kadyrov-with-order-of-honor/26889696.html
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Kadyrov is always walking a tightrope, and I'm surprised he's still around. His Dad was an Islamist fighting against Russia, but then switching sides and helping Russia "pacify" the place. He was murdered for his troubles.

Kadyrov has to enact the will of Moscow and enforce Russian rule; at the same time he has to style himself as Über-Muslim to keep the Muslim population at bay, hence his grandiose declarations and statements in both directions all the time. It's said that he goes nowhere, not even the Kremlin, without his own handpicked bodyguard.

It's a question not so much if but when he'll slip.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

According to Kavkaz Center (Islamist Chechen information website operating in Finland, anti-Putin and anti-Kadyrov), Nemtsov was killed by Adam Delimhanov, Duma deputy and Kadyrov's best friend. They cite word-of-mouth between Chechen clans as their source. Obviously should be taken with a grain of salt considering where this was posted, but considering Kadyrov connections are popping up in this case...

KRonn

Wow, what are the odds that the Russians would find frame a group of Chechens for killing an outspoken critic of Putin who was about to release some very damaging information?! 

Syt

http://rt.com/news/238945-nemtsov-murder-motive-islam/

QuotePrime suspect says Nemtsov killed over 'negative comments on Muslims' – report

Zaur Dadaev, who had reportedly confessed involvement in Nemtsov's murder, said he organized the crime in revenge for the opposition leader's "negative comments on Muslims and Islam," according to Rosbalt's source in law enforcement.

Dadaev is one of five suspects arrested in connection with the politician's assassination. The judge Natalia Mushnikova said on Sunday that Dadaev confessed his involvement in the crime to the investigators. The accused didn't comment on this during the court session.

The Rosbalt news agency claims its source in the law enforcement knows exactly what Dadaev said during interrogation.

In January 2015, the suspect allegedly "learnt that Boris Nemtsov more than once allowed himself negative comments on Muslims living in Russia, prophet Mohammed and Islam," according to the news agency.

"As a matter of fact, Dadaev acknowledged having organized this crime," Rosbalt's source said.

It has not been specified which of Nemtsov's words in particular angered his alleged killers.

READ MORE: Putin wants Russia spared from 'brazen' crimes like Nemtsov murder

Following the Charlie Hebdo attack in Paris, the politician wrote in his blog that the world was witnessing a "medieval Islamic inquisition."

He also said the Chechen leader, Ramzan Kadyrov, "made everyone sick with his threats" and should be "put in jail."

Hundreds of thousands in the Chechen capital of Grozny participated in a rally against the publication of Prophet Mohammed cartoons by the Charlie Hebdo magazine shortly after the terrorist attacks in Paris.

The opposition has been skeptical of Islamist motives behind Nemtsov's murder.

Ilya Yashin, the co-leader of Nemtsov's liberal opposition party RPR-Parnas described the theory as "absurd."

"Nemtsov never said a bad word about Islam," Yashin wrote on Facebook. "He was absolutely tolerant in terms of religion. Of course, he criticized terrorists who killed the Charlie Hebdo journalists in Paris. But many public figures were louder and tougher in their criticisms."

The president of the Chechen Republic, Ramzan Kadyrov, earlier said he knew Zaur Dadaev "as a patriot of Russia," who used to serve as deputy regiment commander in one of the Chechen Republic's interior ministry units.

"Everyone who knows Zaur says that he is a profoundly religious man and that he, as all Muslims, was shocked by what Charlie did and by comments in support of the cartoons," Kadyrov wrote on Instagram.

Boris Nemtsov, 55, who occupied senior government posts under President Boris Yeltsin and afterwards became an opposition leader, was shot dead on February 27 near the Moscow Kremlin. The assassination, which happened two days ahead of an opposition rally Nemtsov helped organize, triggered a flurry of condemnations and calls for a swift investigation.

Thousands of people across Russia joined marches in commemoration of the slain politician a week ago.

The Russian Investigative Committee earlier said that Nemtsov's stance on the Charlie Hebdo shootings was one of the things they were looking into as part of the investigation.

"There are reports that Nemtsov received threats due to his position over the shooting of Charlie Hebdo staff in Paris," Vladimir Markin, spokesman for the Investigative Committee, said in February.

Other possible reasons for Nemtsov's murder, according to investigators could range from a political provocation to his business activity or personal life.

So, possibly a killing orchestrated by Kadyrov, but without blessing from Moscow?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: KRonn on March 09, 2015, 09:31:04 AM
Wow, what are the odds that the Russians would find frame a group of Chechens for killing an outspoken critic of Putin who was about to release some very damaging information?! 

Languish: And that also is very convenient. Isn't it, Mr. Putin?

Putin: Since I am innocent of this crime, sir, I find it decidedly *inconvenient*

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

alfred russel

You can tell that the woman next to Putin spreads her legs for him, but from her dejected and sullen gaze you can tell she doesn't want to.

Hollande's confident and cocky posture conveys that he thinks the woman next to him is completely smitten with him, but her disinterested look away indicates that she thinks he is a bore and something of an embarrassing douchebag.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Liep

Quote from: alfred russel on March 10, 2015, 09:40:41 AM
You can tell that the woman next to Putin spreads her legs for him, but from her dejected and sullen gaze you can tell she doesn't want to.

Hollande's confident and cocky posture conveys that he thinks the woman next to him is completely smitten with him, but her disinterested look away indicates that she thinks he is a bore and something of an embarrassing douchebag.

From the way you're writing I can tell that what you write is bullshit.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Quote from: alfred russel on March 10, 2015, 09:40:41 AM

Do you see that look often with the women in your life?
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

If it wasn't for date rape, he'd never get laid.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

I figured Dorsey could just say 'Hey baby I am a adventure mountain climber who is also a successful professional' and be in.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Sounds like Nemtsov's murder was a "mnogohodovka" after all.  Is Putin planning to purge Kadyrov, and is doing it by killing an annoying gadfly with a habit of insulting him personally?  :hmm:

alfred russel

Quote from: Liep on March 10, 2015, 09:42:09 AM

From the way you're writing I can tell that what you write is bullshit.

That post was not intended seriously.  :console:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014