Does the US need to be fundamentally transformed?

Started by derspiess, July 27, 2012, 01:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does the US need to be fundamentally transformed?

Yes (American)
15 (31.3%)
No (American)
11 (22.9%)
Yes (furriner)
17 (35.4%)
No (furrener)
5 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 47

The Brain

Can't Lindsay Lohan use her influence with young people to fundamentally change America?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Nothing that needs fixing in US can't be fixed within the current system.  It's just that the system is sabotaged by the voters who exercise great power without the great responsibility that accompanies it.

DGuller

Which vote option would fuck up the poll the most?

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 27, 2012, 03:16:54 PM
It's as interesting as the average Languish thread starter question.  But if the point of the excercise is to make Obama look foolish for overblown rhetoric,  like I said I don't think the target is big enough.

That's really not the point.  I don't know whether Obama believes what he said or if it's just overblown rhetoric.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2012, 03:30:04 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 27, 2012, 03:26:36 PM

Flip a coin.
:huh: There are four options.  All my coins only have two sides.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on July 27, 2012, 03:22:50 PM
Can't Lindsay Lohan use her influence with young people to fundamentally change America?

+1
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2012, 03:14:56 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 27, 2012, 03:13:31 PM
I voted yes to fuck with you.

:hug:

I guess I need a sockpuppet account to do any future polls.

I thought that was what your ed anger account was for :huh:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: DGuller on July 27, 2012, 03:33:31 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2012, 03:30:04 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 27, 2012, 03:26:36 PM

Flip a coin.
:huh: There are four options.  All my coins only have two sides.

Are you or are you not an American?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2012, 03:28:40 PM
That's really not the point.  I don't know whether Obama believes what he said or if it's just overblown rhetoric.

It's just overblown rhetoric.

katmai

Quote from: grumbler on July 27, 2012, 02:18:12 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 27, 2012, 02:01:57 PM
Well, I guess the US could use a few transformations.  The whole gun culture could afford to go, as could the cult of celebrity and the fear of socialized medicine.  I just don't think that these transformations are especially fundamental.  Then again, I'm not a speechwriter, a class for whom the word 'fundamental' is essetially padding.
:huh:  Who hijacked Neil's account?  This post is lucid and relevant, so it can't be Neil writing.

See people, staying on your meds works!

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

KRonn

I voted no, but after the Obama admin is finished with us we may need transformation.   ;)

mongers

Quote from: Neil on July 27, 2012, 02:01:57 PM
Well, I guess the US could use a few transformations.  The whole gun culture could afford to go, as could the cult of celebrity and the fear of socialized medicine.  I just don't think that these transformations are especially fundamental.  Then again, I'm not a speechwriter, a class for whom the word 'fundamental' is essetially padding.

Weird a Neil post I entirely agree with. :gasp:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"