5 Things to Know About the First Drug to Prevent HIV

Started by garbon, July 17, 2012, 03:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: garbon on July 23, 2012, 10:15:34 PM
Quote from: viper37 on July 23, 2012, 09:57:53 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 23, 2012, 08:37:13 PM
Absurd. People were not born to get shots every few years.
were people born to be sick every few years?  Or were they born to take pills every days?

I don't know enough about the duration of the vaccine, I have only Wikipedia as a source.  But it seems that in most cases, it lasts for life.  So, why not?  It contributes to the eradication of the diseases and lower health care costs.  Enough for me.

Yes getting sick is natural.

Historically, most people are born to die before reaching adulthood.  Of course, I don't think anybody is suggesting that's an outcome society should be aiming for.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on July 24, 2012, 06:37:39 AM
Historically, most people are born to die before reaching adulthood.  Of course, I don't think anybody is suggesting that's an outcome society should be aiming for.

I do my part by funding abortion clinics.

viper37

were people born to be sick every few years?  Or were they born to take pills every days?

I don't know enough about the duration of the vaccine, I have only Wikipedia as a source.  But it seems that in most cases, it lasts for life.  So, why not?  It contributes to the eradication of the diseases and lower health care costs.  Enough for me.

then there's no debate.  The drug cost too much and should not be given to interfere whith nature's course.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on July 24, 2012, 09:54:47 AM

then there's no debate.  The drug cost too much and should not be given to interfere whith nature's course.

I'm glad you've listened to your body. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Fate

Quote from: viper37 on July 23, 2012, 10:01:12 PM
Anyway, about the subject at hand, it seems there are risk at distributing the drugs as prehemptive measure against aids.  Until such time as more studies are completed, I would refrain from giving it to the general population.  Especially at 14 000$ a dose.  It seems not only to create a false sense of security, but also runs the risk of creating a drug resistant HIV wich would throw us back 20 years in the r&d field for the disease.  In other words, it ain't worth the risk for now.  Tests should continue, though.
It costs 11000-14000 a year, not per dose.

viper37

ah, ok.  :)

Anyway, as Garbon said, it's nature's course for people to get sick, so we shouldn't interfere :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on July 24, 2012, 07:23:40 PM
Anyway, as Garbon said, it's nature's course for people to get sick, so we shouldn't interfere :)

:yes: :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: viper37 on July 24, 2012, 07:23:40 PM
ah, ok.  :)

:rolleyes:

I love how people have to be all or nothing. I'm so glad that the world I live in is shades of gray, instead.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on July 24, 2012, 11:24:37 PM
I'm so glad that the world I live in is shades of gray, instead.

Pretty sure we don't really need to hear about you and Max's BDSM sessions. ;)

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on July 24, 2012, 11:27:36 PM
Quote from: merithyn on July 24, 2012, 11:24:37 PM
I'm so glad that the world I live in is shades of gray, instead.

Pretty sure we don't really need to hear about you and Max's BDSM sessions. ;)

:lol:

Touche'. :sleep:

garbon

Got asked to participate in an ad study on OraQuick. They currently are positioning it as quick and you can do it from the comfort of your own home.  They show an image of a dog and its labeled the receptionist. :D

merithyn

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on July 26, 2012, 09:53:19 AM
Good luck? :unsure:

I just thought it was amusing with the timing/pictured seedy crying while watching the ad. Just an online thing so easy enough.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 26, 2012, 10:31:49 AM
I just thought it was amusing with the timing/pictured seedy crying while watching the ad. Just an online thing so easy enough.

Why should I give a royal rat fuck about a dog with a receptionist sign?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 26, 2012, 10:34:52 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 26, 2012, 10:31:49 AM

Why should I give a royal rat fuck about a dog with a receptionist sign?

You were so angry about people doing it at home - I thought it was funny they then spoofed a clinic visit. :D