News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Olympics 2012 mega thread

Started by Josephus, July 25, 2012, 08:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

So the Olympics began today and we have the first face palm. The North Korean "women's" soccer team at first refused to come on the field when they noticed the flag raised was of South Korea. Game was played in Scotland, where, in their defence, they don't know any better. "There are two Koreas? Blimey! Who'd a thought, aye!"
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

I watched a bit of the England-New Zealand women's soccer game.  Noticed how the team was all English, except for two Scottish reserves.  Tsk, tsk, tsk.  SOME "UNITED" KINGDOM THAT

sbr

Women soccer players are very nice as a general rule.

HVC

Not englands fault that scotland and wales suck at most everything. Except for bitching.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josephus on July 25, 2012, 08:51:46 PM
So the Olympics began today and we have the first face palm. The North Korean "women's" soccer team at first refused to come on the field when they noticed the flag raised was of South Korea.
The worst of these was an international tournament in Australia.  They played the German national anthem instead of Hatikvah :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on July 25, 2012, 08:51:46 PM
So the Olympics began today and we have the first face palm. The North Korean "women's" soccer team at first refused to come on the field when they noticed the flag raised was of South Korea. Game was played in Scotland, where, in their defence, they don't know any better. "There are two Koreas? Blimey! Who'd a thought, aye!"

We already have a thread:
http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,7819.msg436666.html#msg436666
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

I thought many of the football women would be dikey looking,...but there's some cuties.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

US girls soccer has collapsed against the Frenchies, 2 goals in less than 15 minutes.  Ugh.