Worker set fire to submarine in Maine so he could leave early, Navy says

Started by jimmy olsen, July 23, 2012, 10:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I am not sure I am following the rainbow line of thought here. if the guy was on medication, it was okay to set fire to a battleship? or what?

Malthus

Don't leave us all in suspense - did he or did he not get off work early?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Tamas on July 24, 2012, 08:24:39 AM
I am not sure I am following the rainbow line of thought here. if the guy was on medication, it was okay to set fire to a battleship? or what?

It's not okay to set fire to a submarine, because they're still useful. Setting fire to a battleship, or especially a dreadnaught, is not only okay but should be encouraged, as they're worthless hunks of metal.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

garbon

I don't think anyone is saying that, beet herder. I took issue with Tim's notion that this was bizarre. It isn't bizarre that someone suffering from anxiety/depression takes irrational courses of action.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 24, 2012, 10:03:41 AM

It's not okay to set fire to a submarine, because they're still useful. Setting fire to a battleship, or especially a dreadnaught, is not only okay but should be encouraged, as they're worthless hunks of metal.

Since pretty much all of the ones still in existance are preserved as museums, do you hold that it's OK to go around setting fire to other museums as well, in should in fact be encouraged?  If so, is it OK to set them on fire while they are full of visitors, or should they only be torched while closed to the public?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Stupid fool. I wonder how his half day went for him after all?!   :huh:

mongers

I think this was just a protest from Grumbler's equally long lived cousin, over the lack of benches for oarsmen.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on July 25, 2012, 08:37:06 PM
I think this was just a protest from Grumbler's equally long lived cousin, over the lack of benches for oarsmen.

:D