20 people shot at Batman midnight screening.

Started by katmai, July 20, 2012, 04:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: PDH on August 08, 2012, 10:14:00 AM
If more people had been shooting guns at the Aurora theater that night less people would have been hurt.

Probably not, since the guy doing the shooting was covered head to toe in Kevlar. A few more people with guns would have just led to more shooting victims, most likely.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

HVC

Cops should have shot him just for talking on a phone in a theater. Inconsiderate ass.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Phillip V

Quote from: HVC on August 08, 2012, 10:21:59 AM
Cops should have shot him just for talking on a phone in a theater. Inconsiderate ass.
The movie had not started yet.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on August 08, 2012, 10:15:53 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2012, 10:10:57 AM
It isn't that hard to comply with the police. :mellow:
It's hard to for people to uniformly "comply" in surprise high-stress dangerous situations; ever read cases of police killing unarmed civilians "by accident"?

In any case, hopefully there is a lawsuit, and then we can see in court if "making people nervous" is a justifiable defense.

I don't know of many cases where high stress equaled chatting on your cell phone ignoring the police.  Besides, if he didn't want hassle, don't bring a visible gun to a movie theater after a shooting.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2012, 10:44:03 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2012, 10:10:57 AM
It isn't that hard to comply with the police. :mellow:
It's hard to for people to uniformly "comply" in surprise high-stress dangerous situations; ever read cases of police killing unarmed civilians "by accident"?

In any case, hopefully there is a lawsuit, and then we can see in court if "making people nervous" is a justifiable defense.

I don't know of many cases where high stress equaled chatting on your cell phone ignoring the police.  Besides, if he didn't want hassle, don't bring a visible gun to a movie theater after a shooting.
Some people react to surprise and fear by freezing/continuing their current action. I doubt he was actually having a conversation or talking lollipops while screaming men were pointing guns at him

Yeah. It's the law-abiding citizen's fault. If the police didn't want a hassle, they should have... If the miniskirt-wearing woman didn't want to get harassed, she should have...

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on August 08, 2012, 10:59:53 AM
Some people react to surprise and fear by freezing/continuing their current action. I doubt he was actually having a conversation or talking lollipops while screaming men were pointing guns at him

Yeah. It's the law-abiding citizen's fault. If the police didn't want a hassle, they should have... If the miniskirt-wearing woman didn't want to get harassed, she should have...

:lol:

On that I think we're done.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: Phillip V on August 08, 2012, 10:59:53 AM
Not a law-abiding citizen.  Gun-wielding lunatic.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 08, 2012, 10:19:34 AM

I really wish I had the opportunity to curb hop your ass in the back of a wagon.  I really do.

I wish you did too. :(

DontSayBanana

"Lemme see your hands!"

*fish through wallet* "How about you take a look at my permit first?"

Phil, part of the reason they make you apply for a permit is to try to weed out dickweeds like this who are almost definitely going to create a hostile situation.  If the guy's going to deal with cops by ignoring their orders, I wouldn't exactly call it a sure bet that letting this guy hang onto the gun is a safe or smart move.  Hope his permit gets revoked.
Experience bij!