News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Anti-Israeli terrorist attack in Bulgaria

Started by Martinus, July 18, 2012, 02:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: Caliga on July 19, 2012, 06:43:45 AM
Question:  Why would a bunch of Israelis go to Burgas on vacation?  I realize that it's a coastal resort, but what can you get there that you can't get in Tel Aviv? :hmm:

I don't know if you know this, but in israeli culture, vacation = travelling abroad, otherwise is not a "real" vacation.
- Where did you go on vacation this year?
- Tell Aviv.
- What?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Sheilbh

Quote from: Siege on July 19, 2012, 08:26:03 PM
I don't know if you know this, but in israeli culture, vacation = travelling abroad, otherwise is not a "real" vacation.
- Tell Aviv.
- What?
That makes sense in such a small country.  I've heard good stuff about the Black Sea resorts actually.  Are there maybe closer ties between Israel and Bulgaria given that Bulgaria's the only Axis country that didn't ship their Jewish population to the concentration camps?

The Iran connection seems to be based on Bibi's statement and intelligence behind that's not public yet.  If so it could be a shift for  Hezbullah.  If they're involved this is the first suicide bomb they've been involved in since the BA Embassy attack 20 years ago.  That could mean something more, though I'm not sure what.
Let's bomb Russia!

dps

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 19, 2012, 09:49:31 PM
- Tell Aviv.
- What?
That makes sense in such a small country.  I've heard good stuff about the Black Sea resorts actually.  Are there maybe closer ties between Israel and Bulgaria given that Bulgaria's the only Axis country that didn't ship their Jewish population to the concentration camps?

It was my understanding that Finland didn't either.

At any rate, so this guy had a fake Michigan ID.  Has anyone accounted for Rich Rodriquez's whereabouts?  We all know that he wasn't a real Michigan man.

Solmyr

Quote from: dps on July 19, 2012, 11:43:03 PM

Finland didn't send its own Jewish population to camps, but it did give Jewish refugees and POWs to Germany.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 19, 2012, 09:49:31 PM
- Tell Aviv.
- What?

At any rate, so this guy had a fake Michigan ID.  Has anyone accounted for Rich Rodriquez's whereabouts?  We all know that he wasn't a real Michigan man.

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT JOKE?  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Viking on July 19, 2012, 03:41:37 PM
He was released july 2004. But the Pakistanis had him as recently as 2009.

In the law-talk biz, we call that intervening causation.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Hell, Finland had jews fighting on the front line.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: derspiess on July 20, 2012, 09:14:18 AM

According to wikipedia, a few Finnish Jews were awarded the Iron Cross.   :huh:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on July 20, 2012, 02:28:43 PM

And I'm sure they melted just fine with them.

The Brain

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on July 20, 2012, 02:28:43 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 20, 2012, 09:14:18 AM

For being such good sports.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.