News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World's First Anti-Cyborg Hate Crime

Started by jimmy olsen, July 19, 2012, 07:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 19, 2012, 09:24:55 PM
Does the University of Toronto typically employ litigious crazy people as professors?

Found it at Something Awful.

Here's another link showing earlier versions of his headset

http://www.technolog.msnbc.msn.com/technology/technolog/cyborg-steve-mann-details-alleged-mcdonalds-assault-889595
All signs point to yes.
PDH!

Maximus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 19, 2012, 07:56:28 PM
He has a wife and kids, therefore not a homosexual. :contract:
This is not the best defense.
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 19, 2012, 09:24:55 PM
Does the University of Toronto typically employ litigious crazy people as professors?
Nor is this. No reason to believe he's crazy though.

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on July 19, 2012, 07:53:35 PM
Should have executed the fag.

You probably are too stupid to realize but your post is much more offensive than Neil's.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on July 20, 2012, 12:31:06 AM

You probably are too stupid to realize but your post is much more offensive than Neil's.
Do I really have to add conditionals to every sentence I make just because there are some exceptions to the rule?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 20, 2012, 12:44:36 AM

Do I really have to add conditionals to every sentence I make just because there are some exceptions to the rule?

Marty is considering wife and kids, so you must be mindful of his feelings.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on July 20, 2012, 01:40:48 AM

:lmfao:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Oh shut up. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

With the hypersensitive types on bitch patrol yes. Yes, you do.
PDH!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tamas on July 20, 2012, 01:40:48 AM

:lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

I'm not really sure I can feel sorry for him - though clearly what occurred shouldn't have happened.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Also, who calls him the "father of wearable computing"? Wiki links to several news articles that say he has been hailed that way but I couldn't find reference to who actually did so.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: The Brain on July 20, 2012, 10:26:30 AM
He comes across as a douche.

I don't really understand what he's trying to accomplish.

Apparantly, the idea is to try to develop technology that will help the blind to "see"--sort of like Geordi's visor on ST:TNG.  OK, that's a good goal.  But this guy isn't visually impaired himself (apparantly;  at least nothing I've seen even suggests that he is), so I can't see what good this equipment is doing him.  I guess I could see him and other sighted people testing in a laboratory setting, or even doing field testing, but I don't see why he would have to wear it with him everywhere he goes.  That part sounds like a stunt at best or some kind of delusion at worst.

Malthus

Quote from: dps on July 20, 2012, 10:52:27 AM
Quote from: The Brain on July 20, 2012, 10:26:30 AM
He comes across as a douche.

I don't really understand what he's trying to accomplish.

Apparantly, the idea is to try to develop technology that will help the blind to "see"--sort of like Geordi's visor on ST:TNG.  OK, that's a good goal.  But this guy isn't visually impaired himself (apparantly;  at least nothing I've seen even suggests that he is), so I can't see what good this equipment is doing him.  I guess I could see him and other sighted people testing in a laboratory setting, or even doing field testing, but I don't see why he would have to wear it with him everywhere he goes.  That part sounds like a stunt at best or some kind of delusion at worst.

He's a techno-Lettow.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius