News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Leave Batman alone!

Started by viper37, July 18, 2012, 01:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

She was hot as that dysfunctional chick. Didn't stop me from keeping zapping through channels though.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 18, 2012, 02:47:13 PM
I hate the fact that she won't have sex with me.
doesn't count!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

This movie won't hold a candle to Dark Knight, simply for the fact that Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart won't be in it.

Unless the new cast perform as well as those two did, I predict a lot of fanboys will cry out for Nolan's blood.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

grumbler

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 18, 2012, 06:02:12 PM
This movie won't hold a candle to Dark Knight, simply for the fact that Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart won't be in it.

Unless the new cast perform as well as those two did, I predict a lot of fanboys will cry out for Nolan's blood.

The presence of Heath Ledger was nearly balanced, though, by the silly story and drawn-out length of the movie.  That movie could have been great had at least 40 minutes and half the explosions been taken out.  Aaron Eckhart was wasted as Two-Face in the movie.  That story needed its own movie.  Tacked on the Dark Knight, it seemed redundant and counter-intuitive.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

Quote from: HVC on July 18, 2012, 01:54:04 PM

I really dislike anne hathaway. that alone makes me not want to watch this movie.

You are weird.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on July 18, 2012, 06:48:02 PM

The presence of Heath Ledger was nearly balanced, though, by the silly story and drawn-out length of the movie.  That movie could have been great had at least 40 minutes and half the explosions been taken out. 
I disagree entirely.

Aaron Eckhart was wasted as Two-Face in the movie.  That story needed its own movie.  Tacked on the Dark Knight, it seemed redundant and counter-intuitive.
I figure that Two Face was there as an origin story, and it was intended to be developped in the 3rd movie.  Since he didn't join the cast, or asked for too much money, they went with Bain, euh, I mean Bane ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

That's cool, it introduces us non-comics readers to another character in the Batman universe.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

Quote from: grumbler on July 18, 2012, 06:48:02 PM

The presence of Heath Ledger was nearly balanced, though, by the silly story and drawn-out length of the movie.  That movie could have been great had at least 40 minutes and half the explosions been taken out.  Aaron Eckhart was wasted as Two-Face in the movie.  That story needed its own movie.  Tacked on the Dark Knight, it seemed redundant and counter-intuitive.

I kind of agree with you. I would have preferred the Two-Face story lead into the third movie rather than abruptly end almost as soon as it started.

I get the feeling that they originally wanted the Joker to feature in the third movie, but of course Ledger died and threw things for a loop.

I like Tom Hardy though, and Bane was my favorite villain in the Batman comics (the few I read). My expectations for this new one are: mixed.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Neil

At least they're going to do justice to Bane this time around.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

katmai

I should beat you senseless, but then i realized you are a Quebecer.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 18, 2012, 07:10:29 PM
I kind of agree with you. I would have preferred the Two-Face story lead into the third movie rather than abruptly end almost as soon as it started.

Yeah, I think Two-Face got short shrift, and could've been a baddie with his own movie.

QuoteI get the feeling that they originally wanted the Joker to feature in the third movie, but of course Ledger died and threw things for a loop.

Yup.  Could've been a real treat to extend the Joker theme over another film.

I like Tom Hardy though, and Bane was my favorite villain in the Batman comics (the few I read). My expectations for this new one are: mixed.[/quote]

I'm a Tom Hardy fan as well.  And while Bane was never one of my favorite villains, I think he will wrap up this Batman thing with a nice little bow.