News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tim - Good job opportunity here

Started by Jaron, May 10, 2009, 12:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on May 10, 2009, 01:26:04 PM
What isn't  ? Pay isn't so bad in California.

I assume he was talking about the UAE job.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Some work is better than other.  Like my work : :thumbsdown: :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 10, 2009, 10:42:27 PM
Quote from: Jaron on May 10, 2009, 01:26:04 PM
What isn't  ? Pay isn't so bad in California.

I assume he was talking about the UAE job.

I was. I didn't read the entire thread & wasn't responding to the Emoron post.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HisMajestyBOB

Man, I make that money.
But at least I'm someplace civilized.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

derspiess

$36K a year to go & teach in the Middle East?  What an insult.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 11, 2009, 09:09:20 AM

RIght?  I make more than that now to sit around and post on Languish all day in the United States.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I want to teach Sex Ed in a high school.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on May 11, 2009, 08:59:18 AM
Man, I make that money.
But at least I'm someplace civilized.

The UAE is very civilized, Dubai is Monaco-like. Its where all the rich and famous go on holiday.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: derspiess on May 11, 2009, 09:09:20 AM

Yeah, they need to add zero on to that.  Especially since they want familiarity with Arabic language,  that's a high demand skill in the war on islam.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on May 11, 2009, 10:36:30 AM
The UAE is very civilized, Dubai is Monaco-like. Its where all the rich and famous go on holiday.

Exactly.  That makes the $36,000 offer simply laughable.  I am supposed to live in a place that expensive for such a tiny amount?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on May 11, 2009, 11:23:27 AM
Quote from: Tyr on May 11, 2009, 10:36:30 AM

Exactly.  That makes the $36,000 offer simply laughable.  I am supposed to live in a place that expensive for such a tiny amount?

It does just say the UAE, not Dubai. I don't know how big the variation is between the emirates but I would imagine its there.
And IIRC though there are facilities to cater for the stupidly rich the average people of the country are a bit poorer than a typical western place. At uni in the UK I had a friend from Dubai and she wasn't too rich at all.

Quote:huh: They worship Mohammed.
And Americans worship Jesus. Both are, if taken alone, indicitive of a lower level of development but they aren't the whole story.
██████
██████
██████

DisturbedPervert

They're paying for accommodations, which is the biggest cost.  Hordes of Pakistanis live there on almost nothing, it doesn't have to be expensive unless you want it to be.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on May 11, 2009, 11:35:05 AM
And Americans worship Jesus.

As do French, Germans, Chinese, Brits and some brave Arabs. So what.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?