Fixed it for you :)

Duque de Bragança

Une joyeuse Fête de la Fédération ! :)

Ed Anger

The cavalry in the parade. :wub:

I got a Murat boner.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

I thought it was cool in The Day of the Jackal when the mounted band was playing Aupres de Ma Blonde.

Is that traditionally played Duque?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 14, 2012, 05:58:41 PM
I thought it was cool in The Day of the Jackal when the mounted band was playing Aupres de Ma Blonde.

Is that traditionally played Duque?

On July 14th? It's a drinking and even nursery rhyme but originally a military march so it does not seem out of bounds except for the references to Holland(e) in the nowadays seldom sung stanzas ;)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 14, 2012, 06:16:17 PM
On July 14th? It's a drinking and even nursery rhyme but originally a military march so it does not seem out of bounds except for the references to Holland(e) in the nowadays seldom sung stanzas ;)

If you leave out the Holland part you can't deliver the dynamite twist at the end.  :(

CountDeMoney

Grey Fox

http://darkroom.baltimoresun.com/2012/07/bastille-days-traditional-military-parade/soldiers-from-french-foreign-legion-take-2/

In this picture, of the french foreign legion, you can see it's only Mongolian-born member.

Apparently finding a teacher for him wasn't Easy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

You know, I am a tremendous fan of French military history and tradition, but damn, I've always hated the look of those massive erect kepis.  Especially from the country that invented the beret.
Christ, they even looked better collapsed and slouched in the ACW.

Bring back the  tricorn for non-coms.  :mad:

Brazen

Really? I love a good kepi, me, and the recent Eurosatory did a lot to fuel my French Foreign Legion fantasies.

The Russian Generals with their needlessly massive crowns won at hats, though  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on July 15, 2012, 08:32:18 AM
The Russian Generals with their needlessly massive crowns won at hats, though  :lol:

The ones that look like the 1964 New York Worlds Fair landed on their heads and embroidered themselves?  Yeah, those are pretty bad.

Brazen

I snuck a photo. Cold War-tastic!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on July 15, 2012, 08:58:02 AM
I snuck a photo. Cold War-tastic!

Did you ever ask any of them what the deal was with the obligatory Russian facial wart?  Is it government issued?

Brazen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 15, 2012, 08:59:18 AM
Did you ever ask any of them what the deal was with the obligatory Russian facial wart?  Is it government issued?
No, the Russian for "wart" escaped me. However the guy facing front looks like he's going for someone's brains imminently.