And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands Again

Started by Viking, July 10, 2012, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on August 21, 2012, 05:34:28 AM
Have there been negotiations? :unsure:

I had negotiations. Normal wheeling and dealing with Max as well as an offer to give Tamas peace in exchange for his firstborn.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

it's been 24 (well 23.5) hours now. Shall we keep moving?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Viking

Ottoman diplo

- no surrenders
- no white peace
- no loans of ships
- accept all cards given

Tamas

Habsburg:

after listening to the outerworldish prices others asked for things which were in their own self-interest, the Emperor has decided to just go along and kick ass in all 3 directions.

I do offer alliance to England and the Papacy as the other two sane powers on the continent, and I  accept any cards I may receive.

Solmyr

England refuses alliance.

England offers white peace to France.

Viking

Solmyr

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on August 22, 2012, 06:17:24 AM

You know, I also was approached by "let me win the game, in exchange I will not engage in highly risky war against you" offers from the probable subjects. I, however, had the common sense to decline.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on August 22, 2012, 06:31:58 AM
What diplomacy? :P

Precisely, I offered to leave him alone under the same terms he offered last turn. He just kept on not-replying. Apparently me doing him no harm whatsoever was the "otherworldish price" I demanded.

He managed to fail at making a deal with me and france while losing england as an ally. I call that diplomacy fail.

Tamas

uhm, we did discuss it. And you didnt offer the same terms. Last turn was diffferent in some key ways.

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on August 22, 2012, 06:39:04 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on August 22, 2012, 06:17:24 AM

You know, I also was approached by "let me win the game, in exchange I will not engage in highly risky war against you" offers from the probable subjects. I, however, had the common sense to decline.

I've achieved my immediate objectives vs France, it's your turn to fight them. They won't be winning the game this turn as long as you actually do it.

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on August 22, 2012, 07:10:43 AM
uhm, we did discuss it. And you didnt offer the same terms. Last turn was diffferent in some key ways.

Yes, my offer this turn was more generous, last time I demanded a key, now I don't.

Tamas

Quote from: Viking on August 22, 2012, 07:12:13 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 22, 2012, 07:10:43 AM

Yes, my offer this turn was more generous, last time I demanded a key, now I don't.

yeah now you have that key. and you wanted 2 more VPs plus uninterrupted chance at scoring 3 others in piracy against the others. I am not in the "winning game for Ottomans" business :P

And England I thought you cried the loudest against the Ottomans rushing for victory this turn?

Solmyr

I cried about Protestants rushing for victory. :P