News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands Again

Started by Viking, July 10, 2012, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

I am pretty sure I did the assault on Mainz wrong 2 turns ago, not that it mattered, and I want to make sure I do this right from now on.

Since the troops in the Electorates are mine, I am not fighting them I am just trying to control the space.  That means I use the rules for no land defenders which means I get a die for each unit, instead of each 2, and I only need one hit to flip the space, no matter how many of my units are in the space.

Is that right?

Solmyr

Correct, electorates are empty unless Tamas puts some units in them, so you get full dice and need one hit to win.

sbr

I can't imagine tamas would do that to me  since I didn't just erase all his mercs again.

Solmyr

I can't imagine he'd do that to you when he should be zerg-rushing France. But then, he isn't doing that either, so... :P

Solmyr

By the way, this is a good time to point out that Protestants can easily win a religious victory by pumping out translations.

Viking

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Operations
#42: 4 / Roxelana

Message from Ottoman:
hmmm... Wonder which card I just got from Tamas? Could it possibly be this one? If it were this would would that explain the hysterics he has shown us?

2/4 Sully + 5R to Tunis and assault
4/4 Piracy North African Coast

Since Tamas will surely spend his valuable cards to prevent Max from Chateux'ing himself to victory (BY TAKING MILAN ffs) I can be sure that he will not play any cards. But to be on the safe side I'll let Tamas roll the 5 dice vs 2 dice assault on Tunis. I'll roll the piracy.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

QuoteOttoman: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 2

Message from Ottoman:
Piracy Dice North African Coast 2. 1 for 1 Corsair, 1 for Barbarossa.

One hit from Piracy. Tamas can pick card or VP, assuming VP in file sent. Tamas must still resolve assault on Tunis.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Request: 6-sided die x 5

Message from Hapsburgs:
Ottoman assault dice

Hapsburgs: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 2

Message from Hapsburgs:
Habsburg defense dice

Horny Suleiman fails the assault and loses a regular. But gains a VP from Piracy

Viking

This dice thing ceased to be funny a long time ago.

Solmyr

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on August 16, 2012, 02:46:55 AM
It still is, kinda.

Ottoman dice vs Hapsburg dice this turn

Ottomans
3+2+5 = 10 dice, 1 hit. 10% hit rate.

Hapsburgs
1+1+2 = 4 dice, 3 hits. 75% hit rate.

but the general theme of me hitting at half the expected rate and tamas hitting at twice the expected rate continues.

Tamas

Playing HC, placing Henry to Besancon

2/5: squadron to Cagliari
3/5: 2 squadrons from Cagliari to Barbary Coast
5/5: 1r 2m from Antwerp to Köln

Ottoman interception fails, but Protestants have the option to intercept at Liege

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on August 16, 2012, 04:13:19 AM
Playing HC, placing Henry to Besancon

2/5: squadron to Cagliari
3/5: 2 squadrons from Cagliari to Barbary Coast
5/5: 1r 2m from Antwerp to Köln

Ottoman interception fails, but Protestants have the option to intercept at Liege

Tamas say: OMG leave me alone France is going to win!!!!!!1111oneoneoneone
Tamas do: attack Protestants and Turks.

Solmyr

Since the Habsburg-Protestant slugfest doesn't affect me, I'll go ahead and make my play.

QuoteEngland: Play Card as Operations
#88: 3 / Peasants' War

Message from England:
1/3: Henry assaults Edinburgh again. English 6 vs Scottish 2 (should only be 1 Scots unit in there).

Max can play combat cards and roll the dice.

sbr

No intercept.

I knew I should have erased Tamas' mercs since he wouldn't ever use them against someone who can actually win the game.