News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands Again

Started by Viking, July 10, 2012, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Btw Viking, the file you sent was numbered 28 and completely ignores the previous file numbered 28 which had all the winters and such.

Solmyr

I sent a file that included everything that needed to be done in turn 2, plus the Ottoman move.

Tamas

#70: 4 / Charles Bourbon

Message from Hapsburgs:
1/4: naval move: squadron in Naples to Tyrrhenian Sea, squadrons in Gibraltar and Palma to Barbary Coast. rolling for possible interception

Ottomans could intercept, the odds are actually not THAT bad for them. Viking?

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

2/4: naval move, squadron from Tyrrhanean Sea to Barbary Coast, 3 squadrons from Barbary Coast port-attack Algiers

resolve it please, Viking, no card from me

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2012, 11:56:17 AM
2/4: naval move, squadron from Tyrrhanean Sea to Barbary Coast, 3 squadrons from Barbary Coast port-attack Algiers

resolve it please, Viking, no card from me

6 attack dice vs 5 defense dice.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

2 corsairs and 1 hapsburg squadron bite the dust, Barbarossa returns next turn.

Tamas

4/4: Duke of Alva and 5 regulars ship off to Algiers, hopefully to start a siege

I assume the Ottomans will not take the field battle (though it could be lucrative for them!), so I'll send out a file

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2012, 12:24:35 PM
4/4: Duke of Alva and 5 regulars ship off to Algiers, hopefully to start a siege

I assume the Ottomans will not take the field battle (though it could be lucrative for them!), so I'll send out a file

Odds in field combat 6 vs 3
Odds in siege 4 vs 3

on average you'll need two assaults to take Algiers with the force you have.

Habbaku

Tamas's point, Viking, is that a field battle is potentially disastrous for the Habsburgs in that situation.  Go look at the retreat rules.  If he loses that battle (remember, defender wins ties), his entire force is wiped out and Alva would be captured.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on July 18, 2012, 01:03:38 PM
Tamas's point, Viking, is that a field battle is potentially disastrous for the Habsburgs in that situation.  Go look at the retreat rules.  If he loses that battle (remember, defender wins ties), his entire force is wiped out and Alva would be captured.

I know that, but, unlike tamas, I don't win long odds hopeless battles. If the field battle had normally left one defender alive I would have fought, but 6 dice kill 2 duudes on average.

Six dice hit two times or more 65% of the time and if they only hit once I still hit 0 times in 30% of the time. Basically Tamas has an 80% chance of victory.

Habbaku

Do you have your home card unplayed?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on July 18, 2012, 01:14:48 PM
Do you have your home card unplayed?

No, I would have fought if I still had it.

Solmyr

QuoteEngland: Play Card as Event

#100: 2 / Shipbuilding

Message from England:
Not playable by Protestant. Add 2 new squadrons in any controlled home port (or 1 squadron in each of two home ports). Ottoman may choose to substitute 2 corsairs for each naval squadron (but still may not construct squadrons in Algiers or a pirate haven).

Building 2 fleets in Calais.

Over to Max.

Maximus

Turks get a card with diplomatic overture. No file. Over to Ulmont.