R.I.P. Ernest Borgnine

Started by Caliga, July 08, 2012, 07:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Loved you in McHale's Navy, bro. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Damn.  That sucks.

Kirk Douglas is practically the only one left of that generation.  And he ain't laying down anytime soon, either.

Josephus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 08, 2012, 07:48:11 PM
Damn.  That sucks.

Kirk Douglas is practically the only one left of that generation.  And he ain't laying down anytime soon, either.

I don't know about that. Saw him on Bill Maher the other day...not looking so well.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on July 08, 2012, 07:48:53 PM
I don't know about that. Saw him on Bill Maher the other day...not looking so well.

So did I.  He's writing books and speaking--at his own pace--but the noggin is still working.  Considering at his age he's been dealing with the stroke from 1996, he's doing very well.

It'll take more than old age to kill Spartacus.

stjaba

He had a funny guest spot on The Simpsons in the mid-90's. That's all I knew him from.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: stjaba on July 08, 2012, 08:31:08 PM
He had a funny guest spot on The Simpsons in the mid-90's. That's all I knew him from.

Good Lord.

KRonn

RIP.   :(    Loved him in McHale's Navy, and other stuff he did. I saw him in new roles, up to probably a few years ago or so. And he was 95 when he died, so he was still working at a late age. That probably kept him going.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

That's almost as sad as Borgnine's actual death.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

You've never seen the "historical documents" known as McHale's Navy? 

Syt

Damn.  That sucks.

Fun fact: In "The Vikings" Borgnine played Douglas' father even though he was younger than him.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

merithyn

Damn.  That sucks.

Tim Conway is still kicking it. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

sbr

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.