Guys who like My Little Pony gather for 'BronyCon

Started by garbon, July 02, 2012, 09:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: The Brain on July 02, 2012, 11:54:09 AM
Quote from: merithyn on July 02, 2012, 11:52:26 AM
and swore his wife to secrecy when she caught him watching it. It didn't take long before a few of us found out, though,

And people ask me why I hate women.

:lol: Yip cant keep a secret
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 02, 2012, 10:34:25 AM
What was weird the other day I was watching a cartoon with them called 'Adventure Time' THAT SHIT IS DARK for a kids cartoon. A cookie holding hostages in a quickie mart then trying to commit suicide? DARK

Adventure Time is funny as shit.  I watch it with my 4-year old all the time.  The first show I watched had the peppermint butler asking the main characters to help him bury a body he 'found' in his backyard.  GOLD.

And Jake the Dog's voice is that DiMaggio guy who also did Bender's voice. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

What do I care what he watches? I mean, I don't understand people watching The Office, either, but I don't mock them for that. How is this any different?

Same way I can mock people for watching Jersey Shore while maintaining a blase attitude towards them watching NCIS. A non-binary rating scale. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2012, 10:29:40 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 02, 2012, 10:27:28 AM
I've been horribly scarred watching My Little Pony with my girls.

Anymore than watching any other cartoons?

I can tolerate Dora.

What was weird the other day I was watching a cartoon with them called 'Adventure Time' THAT SHIT IS DARK for a kids cartoon. A cookie holding hostages in a quickie mart then trying to commit suicide? DARK

I should have pre-screened that.  :blush:
Don't think that's really a kid's show.
PDH!

derspiess

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 02, 2012, 12:07:11 PM

No, not really, but it sort of can be a kid's show.  I think most of the dark references simply are over my kid's head.  Or at least that's what I tell myself so I get to watch it when he's around.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Meh.  This is the 21st century.  People can be into whatever kind of thing they want so long as it isn't reality TV or gay sex.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2012, 12:00:02 PM

Adventure Time is funny as shit.  I watch it with my 4-year old all the time.  The first show I watched had the peppermint butler asking the main characters to help him bury a body he 'found' in his backyard.  GOLD.

And Jake the Dog's voice is that DiMaggio guy who also did Bender's voice.

:lol:

Suicide and disposal of corpses. hilarious. 
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2012, 12:10:49 PM

No, not really, but it sort of can be a kid's show.  I think most of the dark references simply are over my kid's head.  Or at least that's what I tell myself so I get to watch it when he's around.

I was babysitting the nieces the other night, we were all in the family room chatting and watching TV, and and the oldest was giving me grief about "My Babysitter Is a Vampire" by proudly pronounced, "I can watch it because I am an 'early tween.'"
I asked her how old she will be in September, and said 9;  I told her, "you're not an 'early tween' until you hit double digits;  that makes you a 'pre-tween.'"
Now whether it was at her sister's expense or it was just the way it sounded or what, but the 5 year old thought that was funny as balls and totally lost it.

I then began to instruct her on how vampires are evil, and the only one worth anything was Blade, and he was a half-breed.

Sister called me the next day, and asked me where the 5 year old got "Death to all suckheads" from along with the cease and desist order.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 02, 2012, 04:24:55 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2012, 12:10:49 PM

I was babysitting the nieces the other night, we were all in the family room chatting and watching TV, and and the oldest was giving me grief about "My Babysitter Is a Vampire" by proudly pronounced, "I can watch it because I am an 'early tween.'"
I asked her how old she will be in September, and said 9;  I told her, "you're not an 'early tween' until you hit double digits;  that makes you a 'pre-tween.'"
Now whether it was at her sister's expense or it was just the way it sounded or what, but the 5 year old thought that was funny as balls and totally lost it.

I then began to instruct her on how vampires are evil, and the only one worth anything was Blade, and he was a half-breed.

Sister called me the next day, and asked me where the 5 year old got "Death to all suckheads" from along with the cease and desist order.

Awesome.  My niece & nephew have not picked up anything like that directly from me.  It all comes from Tommy-- who gets it from me.

To be fair though, Tommy's picking up some things from the crowd he hangs out with at pre-school.  When he & I were pretend-fighting the other day he told me he "I'm gonna kick your butt-chocks".  I could not stop laughing the rest of the day.  Every time I ask him what "butt-chocks" are, it's something different.

garbon

What do I care what he watches? I mean, I don't understand people watching The Office, either, but I don't mock them for that. How is this any different?

Despite the spin, I think the article touches on this.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.