News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on November 27, 2012, 05:09:24 PM
Yeah, why go in search of girls when you can just stay home and jerk off?

No chance of rejection AND saving gas mileage.  Win Win!

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on November 27, 2012, 05:09:24 PM
Yeah, why go in search of girls when you can just stay home and jerk off?

I guess Freud would like what you are equating with your passionate pbem sessions with Berkut :p

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meriwether/meriwether-an-american-epic

An RPG/Resource Management/Exploration game based on the Lewis & Clark expedition, with the route being procedurally generated for infinite replayability. Looks pretty interesting. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Tamas

Allegedly, GOG's Alpha Centauri now has the Alien Crossfire expansion as well.

ulmont

Quote from: Tamas on December 20, 2012, 08:49:37 AM
Allegedly, GOG's Alpha Centauri now has the Alien Crossfire expansion as well.

I'll have to update and see; I bought GOG's Alpha Centauri a while back, and now I see that it is listed as updated and reviews talk about it having Alien Crossfire.

Syt

That would be sweet and almost AAR-worthy.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

I embraced geekhood back when SMAC was released and I wrote pages and pages of war plans, peace treaties, and OOBs of my armies for all of my SMAC games as the Spartans. :nerd:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

I'll have to buy Alien Crossfire. Have recently been playing Alpha Centauri.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

The only thing I didn't like about Alien Crossfire was that you couldn't have all the factions play at the same time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

These Gog.com games are working out really well on my little windows XP netbook, I've inadvertently come across my ideal gaming rig/console.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on December 20, 2012, 02:16:23 PM
I'll have to buy Alien Crossfire. Have recently been playing Alpha Centauri.

If you have the GoG Alpha Centauri, it supposedly automatically updated to include Alien Crossfire for free.

sbr

I just bought the gog verion of SMAC last night.  :showoff:

ALong with Witcher 2, hopefully it is better than the first one.