News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Was listening to the Space Game Junkie podcast yesterday where they talked to the developer of Relic Space.

It wasn't on my radar, but it looks interesting: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1146420/Relic_Space/

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Any of you played A Plague Tale: Requiem?

Syt

Quote from: Syt on March 23, 2023, 07:35:12 AMWas listening to the Space Game Junkie podcast yesterday where they talked to the developer of Relic Space.

It wasn't on my radar, but it looks interesting: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1146420/Relic_Space/

Been playing a fair amount of it over the weekend. It's not very content rich at the moment (esp. the randomized missions), but I do enjoy its turn based combat a fair bit already - managing energy and heat, plus upgrading/targeting components. I hope the dev sticks to his road map, and he's been pretty up front in his interview that he's working on this by himself and therefore made the timelines less ambitious. More equipment, more events/missions, a new faction, plus a "free play" mode are in the cards.

Here's Splattercat looking at it: https://youtu.be/YBP819UoCZg

It feels a bit like a turn based Drox Operative (i.e. factions do their own thing to win a war, and you do missions to help them out).

Some of the concepts could have been explained a bit better, like buying (old tech) relics from one faction to give to "your" faction which gives them new tech.

Bit hard to recommend at the current price vs. existing content (€17.49), but if nothing else it's a very solid foundation for more to come.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on March 28, 2023, 07:20:08 AMGoodbye to the 3ds eshop. :weep:
why I insist on buying hard copies of Nintendo games.
Ridiculous they keep replacing the shop with every generation.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Combat Mission Battle for Normandy is now on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2297010/Combat_Mission_Battle_for_Normandy/

€59.99, but currently 15% off at €50.14. Oh, and all DLC is also there, available as a bundle with main game for €119,49. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

That being said: https://steamcommunity.com/app/2297010/discussions/0/3825284575369534276/

QuoteDLCs and Battlefront redeem
Hi everyone,

we are proud to announce that the DLCs for Battle for Normandy are going to be released alongside the base game on March 28th. But that's not all:

1) If you bought the game from the Battlefront store, you can register your serial on the Matrix store to obtain the Matrix Games version, which in turn, allows you to unlock a Steam version too.

2) If you decide to buy the Matrix version of the game, you will also get a Steam key.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

I don't know why but I wound up buying Hogwarts: Legacy.  I really shouldn't buy any expensive games, I don't have time for them - I haven't even finished the prologue of this one! :lol: :(

But one thing I found curious though is that in character creation - you never actually choose a gender.  You're a late arrival at the school (5th year so what - 14 or 15?), but because of the bulky wizard robes you don't select a body type, all faces and hairstyles are available to you.  About the only differentiation is you get a choice of two voices: one which sounds female, one which sounds male.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Crazy_Ivan80

not sure for how much longer but Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is free on steam currently.

Razgovory

What's the consensus on Anno 1800?  Never played an Anno game before, but the 19th century looks kinda neat.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2023, 08:43:29 PMWhat's the consensus on Anno 1800?  Never played an Anno game before, but the 19th century looks kinda neat.

Depends what you want.
They're less cities skylines or Caesar and more Age of Empires.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I build armies and command them on the map?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

It's a business logistics simulator with a side of warfare. Anno 1800 doesn't have land troops, only ships.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.