News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I have no idea how hearts of Iron 4 Navy works.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on February 15, 2020, 12:40:59 AM
I assume you you have Man the Guns DLC?

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on February 15, 2020, 12:45:03 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 15, 2020, 12:40:59 AM
I assume you you have Man the Guns DLC?

Yes.  I don't even know where half my ships are.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Threviel

Watch some videos, it is quite neat actually, but quite a learning curve.

I had huge issues with air forces and navies in the beginning.

Razgovory

I honestly didn't want to watch an hour of youtube video to learn how to play a computer game.  That seems like too much work.  Maybe I will some other time.

grumbler

Ships are in the areas their fleets are assigned to, and move from area to area to patrol them.  Only when there are battles is their exact location determined.  There is an icon in each sea area telling you how many TFs on a given mission are currently in that area.  The TFs themselves aren't shown except when in battle.  That's actually realistic from a strategic POV, since they wouldn't be reporting exact position unless in contact with the enemy.  Sending reports reveals one's position.  Ask Admiral Lütjens.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Threviel

It was a few years ago, bu I seem to remember that someone did a very good explanation in the HoI 4 thread. Peak through that one.

Syt

I keep promising myself to dive into Command: Modern Operations, partially as a means to learn a bit about modern air/naval combat.

But every time I open it, the tutorial list glowers at me ....  :ph34r:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

I imagine CMO is one of those games that is fit for the "Expectations vs Reality" meme.

Expectation: I AM LAUNCHING THE CRUISE MISSILES, MR. PRESIDENT. *VERY CRISP SALUTE*

Reality: How much fuel do my AWACS need??? This is fucking boring, why am I doing this??
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Major update for Planetfall is available.  The changes look good.  Haven't had a chance to try it out.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I bought Baldur's Gate enhanced edition when it came out, but never got around to playing until now.  It's kind of weird playing a game that I last played 20 years ago.  I'm having fun, but it really makes you realize that AD&D 2nd edition was a crappy system.  Every thing that changed with 3rd edition was an improvement.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Paging @celedhring

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1034750/The_Flower_Collectors/

QuoteA detective mystery set in the political powder-keg of Barcelona in 1977. You play Jorge, an ex-cop in a wheelchair with a difficult past. Alone on your balcony, you watch the world pass by through binoculars.

One stormy night, you witness a murder. Determined to uncover the truth, you form an unlikely alliance with young ambitious journalist Melinda and start your investigation.

Together, you'll solve a complex mystery by unravelling the secrets of unsuspecting neighbors.

Inspired by classic crime noir films and games like Campo Santo's Firewatch, The Flower Collectors is a detective story with a whole lot of heart.

Solve a captivating murder mystery with an unusual storyline
Meet a host of colourful anthropomorphic characters in a lush, atmospheric world
Investigate using your binoculars, camera and transmitter to uncover neighborhood secrets from your balcony
Create a crime chronology to figure out whodunnit
Interrogate priests, beggars, club singers and nosy old ladies alike
Dive into the unique setting of post-Franco Barcelona in the 70ies
Emphasizes characters, world building and narrative over skill challenges
—Stephen Jay Gould