News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on April 28, 2018, 11:07:28 AM
Have to do my first reload in Battletech. I thought I had the game figured out, going through several missions without much trouble in terms of Mech damages. But now I am running into missions where I end up being outnumbered, which sucks. And I am not sure is needed: the AI seems capable: it gangs up on the weak link in your Lance, tries to concentrate fire on already damaged parts, and won't expose its own damaged sides to you if it can help it - at least that's my impression.

The intel provided by your fixer is not 100% reliable. You may end up in missions that are more dangerous, like 1 good token higher, than advertised when you sign in.

If you find yourself outgunned or outnumbered, retreating to fight another day is definitely a viable option. The cost of Mechwarrior deaths or injuries far exceeds merely losing the contract and not getting the money.

FunkMonk

Yeah, I've withdrawn once from the contracts I've had so far. I actually got a "good faith" withdrawal, meaning I still got paid a little for my trouble, and I paid no cost.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tonitrus

Anyone play Frostpunk?  If so, what do you think?

jimmy olsen

As you guys may have noticed I'm on a world war one kick these days.

What game, if any would you recomend for that?

I was thinking of maybe To End All Wars or HOI Darkest Hour so I can play the WWI scenario.

https://www.wargamer.com/articles/best-ww1-strategy-games-wargames/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Scipio

Phoenix Point pre-Alpha is pretty damn good. Makes XCOM look amateurish, as far as the combat depth goes.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Tamas

Quote from: Scipio on May 16, 2018, 07:51:13 AM
Phoenix Point pre-Alpha is pretty damn good. Makes XCOM look amateurish, as far as the combat depth goes.

There's a very important difference between wanting to go uber-detailed and failing (which one could call amateurish), and deliberately designing something that's not a spreadsheet.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 14, 2018, 06:30:15 PM

I was thinking of maybe To End All Wars or HOI Darkest Hour so I can play the WWI scenario.

I can recommend neither of those games, unfortunately.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

Paradox Con is in a few days. What sort of garbage fire do we expect to be announced there? Victoria III? Rome II? Sengoku II? HOI 9?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

A Mars expansion. Couple of games from other devs. Nothing from Paradox development.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

God, I hope it isn't Victoria 3.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

If they could make it better, I'd be okay with that. I'd also be okay with a fun version of Rome.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2018, 08:28:32 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 14, 2018, 06:30:15 PM

I can recommend neither of those games, unfortunately.
I'm not interested in playing France though.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on May 17, 2018, 01:56:53 AM
If they could make it better, I'd be okay with that. I'd also be okay with a fun version of Rome.

Yeah either would be great if it's comparable EU4 and CK2.