News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

...but I bought them. That...sucks. And is weird, they were oldies.
Will try a UK proxy and see if I can get them.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

It's worth the try but Steam is apparently very good at detecting VPN and proxies.

Sadly, Japan is one the worse Steam country there is.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on January 09, 2013, 09:13:47 PM
...but I bought them. That...sucks. And is weird, they were oldies.
Will try a UK proxy and see if I can get them.

I bought Scribblenauts after awesome reviews on an Amazon.com sale for $7.49 and activated it on Steam. Problem: release date in Europe is late February, so it's just sitting there, pre-loaded, unplayable.

Based on forum chatter using a proxy to get around such restrictions violates the Steam EULA, and people had their accounts supposedly cancelled over that.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tyr on January 09, 2013, 07:05:38 PM
I spent most of last night playing Faster Than Light. It is very very simple but oh so addictive.

:yes:  FTL is one of the best games of 2012 and has eaten up a ton of my time of late.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

Shit!
It seems steam made a completely new account for these new games. Thats just ridiculous, seems to be no  way to merge them too. Well, that's the last time I buy stuff from steam. Experiment over.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Next time log in with your usual account before buying something, jesh :P

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on January 10, 2013, 02:30:37 AM
Shit!
It seems steam made a completely new account for these new games. Thats just ridiculous, seems to be no  way to merge them too. Well, that's the last time I buy stuff from steam. Experiment over.

:huh:

What do you mean, I have to put gas in the tank before starting the engine?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 10, 2013, 09:01:03 AM
Shit!

:huh:

What do you mean, I have to put gas in the tank before starting the engine?

the nerve some car companies have!  :mad:

Habbaku

Shit!

Have you even bothered e-mailing Steam about it?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on January 10, 2013, 12:07:06 PM
Shit!

Steam would just explain that, while they are willing to make their service idiot-proof, going all the way to Tyr-proof is too expensive and thus unreasonable.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on January 10, 2013, 12:19:48 PM
Shit!

Steam would just explain that, while they are willing to make their service idiot-proof, going all the way to Tyr-proof is too expensive and thus unreasonable.

I actually have two Apple IDs which I only discovered recently. Thankfully one of them has nothing associated with it and I haven't used since college. -_-

Habbaku

Quote from: grumbler on January 10, 2013, 12:19:48 PM
Shit!

The hilarious bit is that "Steam" apparently made this new account for him.  Never did he arrive at a point where he selected his account name and password and it was made completely obvious what he was doing.  I'm sure some vile Steam rep just hopped onto his computer and typed it all up for him, then gave him the information.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Can't he just gift the game over to his other account?  I've never gifted a game ( I don't have many friends), but I was under the impression you could give your games away.

Syt's problem is a bit more obnoxious.  I have no idea why they stagger release dates out for different countries.  There is probably some good reason, but I don't know what it is.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017