'Forest boy' mystery: Stumped German police release photo

Started by jimmy olsen, June 14, 2012, 09:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I'm skeptical, though I guess the cops haven't been able to shoot holes in his story yet after 9 months, so maybe it is true. I doubt it though.

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/13/12200265-forest-boy-mystery-stumped-german-police-release-photo?lite

Quote'Forest boy' mystery: Stumped German police release photo

By Andy Eckardt, NBC News

MAINZ, Germany -- Berlin police on Wednesday released a photograph of the so-called "forest boy," an English-speaking youth who wandered into the German capital nine months ago saying he had lived in the woods for five years with his father.

Investigators have failed to identify him and police are now hoping the image will prompt leads from the public.

The boy has told authorities his father called him "Ray" and that he was born June 20, 1994. However, he claims not to know his last name or where he's from.

"We have checked his DNA against all missing person reports, sent the data to Interpol so that they could check it internationally, but unfortunately without any success," police spokesman Thomas Neuendorf said.

Investigators told NBC News that DNA evidence suggests Ray is most likely from a neighboring country, as opposed to the United States. Authorities also believe that English might not be his native language.

The boy was unable or refused to give his family name or any other biographical information when he showed up at the German capital's City Hall on September 5.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

QuoteMAINZ, Germany -- Berlin police on Wednesday released a photograph of the so-called "forest boy," an English-speaking youth who wandered into the German capital nine months ago saying he had lived in the woods for five years with his father.

Investigators have failed to identify him and police are now hoping the image will prompt leads from the public.

The boy has told authorities his father called him "Ray" and that he was born June 20, 1994. However, he claims not to know his last name or where he's from.

"We have checked his DNA against all missing person reports, sent the data to Interpol so that they could check it internationally, but unfortunately without any success," police spokesman Thomas Neuendorf said.

Investigators told NBC News that DNA evidence suggests Ray is most likely from a neighboring country, as opposed to the United States. Authorities also believe that English might not be his native language.

The boy was unable or refused to give his family name or any other biographical information when he showed up at the German capital's City Hall on September 5.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

lustindarkness

Take him back to the forest, lets see how he survives.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Zanza

He was identified as a Dutch who disappeared just days before he turned up in Germany. As he is an adult, he might be prosecuted for social security fraud now.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on June 15, 2012, 05:34:06 AM
He was identified as a Dutch who disappeared just days before he turned up in Germany. As he is an adult, he might be prosecuted for social security fraud now.

Poor man, obviously something is not right there.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 15, 2012, 07:03:51 AM
What do you expect of the Dutch, Europe's Lettows.

I think you are thinking of the Flems.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2012, 07:08:11 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 15, 2012, 07:03:51 AM
What do you expect of the Dutch, Europe's Lettows.

I think you are thinking of the Flems.

:yes:
German police were having doubts English was his native language after 9 months?
People from his hometown can barely speak at all. Oh, wait...

lustindarkness

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 14, 2012, 11:19:25 AM
Take him back to the forest, lets see how he survives.

I still stand by my recommendation.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt