And we're back!

Main Menu

FYI for Combat Mission

Started by 11B4V, June 13, 2012, 04:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ4XalhgOn0&feature=g-u-u

Game Information:

Fortress Italy is a new "family" of Combat Mission games covering the Allied struggle to knock Italy out of the Second World War. This initial release deals explicitly with the battle for Sicily and sets the groundwork for future additions to simulate the hard fighting in the rugged terrain of "Europe's underbelly" up until the war's end in 1945.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php...295&Itemid=509

and what lots of you have been waiting for:

But wait, we didn't come to the best part yet... Fortress Italy features more than just a new setting and new units. It is also the first Combat Mission game to be upgraded with our CMx2 engine Version 2.0 features!:

•Moveable Waypoints
•Target Armor Arc Command
•Expanded Floating Icon Categories
•"Fog of War" Floating Icons
•2D Editor Map Overlay
•Auto-Assemble Road/Wall/Hedge Tool
•Camera Jump to Groups
•Target Briefly Command
•New Rendering Shaders
•Bump and Normal Mapping
•Improved Framerates
•Pausable Realtime TCP/IP Mode
•...and more!

And even better!:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on June 22, 2012, 12:08:15 PM
NO EASTERN FRONT?? :mad:

I wonder how well CMBB still sells. Do newer folks in the system pick up Bat for Norm and look at the older titles of CMBB and CMAK?

There has to be a reason they havent brought the east front into CMx2
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

Well, I doubt the CMx1 games sell much these days - you really have to dig for them on the Battlefront page (and they still charge $25 - wtf?), though I think they're sold on some other pages, too (GG, GOG?).

About Eastern Front in general - the new Company of Heroes game will be on the Eastern Front, so I guess someone thinks there's money in it. OTOH, Italian front is even less represented than the Eastern Front. However, I don't get much out of slapping Itays. I have to say I'm more interested in the Nomonhan game of the Achtung Panzer guys.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

11B4V

I'm going to pick up AT OP Star. Looks interesting. AT covering Nomonhan is just great. Either CM or AT needs to hit the Winter War.

11B4V

I'll use this thread for posting some shots of current and past CM operations. This was played last year.

Scenario by JasonC, five total, covering the first days actions by Leibstandarte 05 July 1943.

Night attack. Panzer Grenadiers w/ engineers and support from the Aufklärungsabteilung, preparing to clear the forward Russian outposts to seize the jump off positions.

Attacking the last Russian strong point.

Panzer Battlegroup deployed attempting to effect the initial break through of Russian positions.

Battlegroup's Tigers leading the assault emerge from smoke screen.

Assaulting a Russian Pakfront on a low hill.

Panzer Grenadier platoon in the attack against a Russian strong point.

11B4V

Started up the fourth scenario in the series.

Assault on Bykovka

Razgovory

I'm confused by the new announcement.  Is this new Fortress Italy an addon or a separate game?  For instance if the game adds some of those crap French Tanks can they be used in Normandy (where some in fact were used).  I was hoping for simply extending the time line to end o the war, putting in snow  and autumn seasons, a few new units and Volkstrum militia.  I would have liked to fight Market-Garden, and the Ardenes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on June 23, 2012, 12:11:48 AM
Well, I doubt the CMx1 games sell much these days - you really have to dig for them on the Battlefront page (and they still charge $25 - wtf?), though I think they're sold on some other pages, too (GG, GOG?).

About Eastern Front in general - the new Company of Heroes game will be on the Eastern Front, so I guess someone thinks there's money in it. OTOH, Italian front is even less represented than the Eastern Front. However, I don't get much out of slapping Itays. I have to say I'm more interested in the Nomonhan game of the Achtung Panzer guys.

Something that I read is that developers make much more money on Western Front games then Eastern Front games.  I'd love to see a good tactical East Asia war, though the new Engine probably can't do a Banzai charge well.

Also:  WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO ADD FLAMETHROWERS?!?!?! ( I really need a key for an interobang).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on June 28, 2012, 01:06:41 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 23, 2012, 12:11:48 AM

Something that I read is that developers make much more money on Western Front games then Eastern Front games.  I'd love to see a good tactical East Asia war, though the new Engine probably can't do a Banzai charge well.

Also:  WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO ADD FLAMETHROWERS?!?!?! ( I really need a key for an interobang).

?? Go back a couple of pages and I post a short vid of roasting some commie swine. CMBB has FT's

Interesting that the WF is more pop than EF. I find the WF..well boring. EF was the two big evils slugging it out. Viscous and nasty. WF is kind of like..."Well, right tea time at noon. We'll give it another go with Jerry at 1400."

I think there was a saying to the effect.."War in the west was sport, war in the east was hell". Something like that.

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on June 28, 2012, 01:03:40 PM
I'm confused by the new announcement.  Is this new Fortress Italy an addon or a separate game?  For instance if the game adds some of those crap French Tanks can they be used in Normandy (where some in fact were used).  I was hoping for simply extending the time line to end o the war, putting in snow  and autumn seasons, a few new units and Volkstrum militia.  I would have liked to fight Market-Garden, and the Ardenes.

QuoteFortress Italy is a new "family" of Combat Mission games covering the Allied struggle to knock Italy out of the Second World War. This initial release deals explicitly with the battle for Sicily and sets the groundwork for future additions to simulate the hard fighting in the rugged terrain of "Europe's underbelly" up until the war's end in 1945.

Combat Mission: Fortress Italy does NOT require any of the previous Combat Mission titles to play. Both PC and Mac versions are available!

Stand alone Raz

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2012, 06:17:27 PM
Interesting that the WF is more pop than EF. I find the WF..well boring. EF was the two big evils slugging it out. Viscous and nasty. WF is kind of like..."Well, right tea time at noon. We'll give it another go with Jerry at 1400."

One reason why the WF is more interesting than the EF:  Stuarts, baby.  Stuarts.

Ed Anger

And the PIAT. Right out of the ACME catalog.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

God Bless the WW2 Brits and their Nerf technology.

Such brave soldiers, yet such shitty equipment.

Syt

Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2012, 06:17:27 PMInteresting that the WF is more pop than EF. I find the WF..well boring. EF was the two big evils slugging it out. Viscous and nasty. WF is kind of like..."Well, right tea time at noon. We'll give it another go with Jerry at 1400."

I guess people like playing games that cover their part of history. So games about the Western Front with (mostly) U.S. and (to lesser extent) Commonwealth will have a bigger market in the west/English speaking countries. You don't get much treatment of the pre-1944 campaigns of French and Brits, either.
—Stephen Jay Gould