News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FYI for Combat Mission

Started by 11B4V, June 13, 2012, 04:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

Man, CM is probably still the most played game ever for me. I loved that game, was very involved in its patching and continuing development.

Does the new version have Assault Move? That was my idea!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on June 14, 2012, 10:52:59 AM

Weren't you involved in dealing with turret speeds during development in the forums?  I remember that from somewhere.  Or maybe I just dreamt it.

Berkut

Yeah, I argued for quite a while that the data they had for German Panther and Tiger turret rotation speeds were wrong based on a incorrect bit of information they were using.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on June 14, 2012, 11:38:54 AM
Yeah, I argued for quite a while that the data they had for German Panther and Tiger turret rotation speeds were wrong based on a incorrect bit of information they were using.

:nerd:

Syt

I feel like playing CMBB again. Any way to play it in proper widescreen resolution these days?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on June 14, 2012, 11:45:16 AM
Quote from: Berkut on June 14, 2012, 11:38:54 AM

:nerd:

It made a rather huge difference!

The Panther tank had a hydraulic turret rotation motor, but it was hooked up to the engine of the tank, so it only had as much power as the engine gave it.

If the engine was idling at 1000rpm, it took 46 seconds to rotate the turret through 360 degrees. At 3000rpms however, it could rotate in 15 seconds.

They had it set so that the turret always took 46 seconds though. Which was a huge disadvantage in any close range fight.

0 rows returned

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on June 14, 2012, 10:52:59 AM
Man, CM is probably still the most played game ever for me. I loved that game, was very involved in its patching and continuing development.

When they get here Ill let you know,

Ed Anger

I should reload CM:BB and watch a Russian battalion melt away because a 81mm shell landed within a mile of it.

Fucking slavs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 14, 2012, 08:40:29 AM
Quote from: katmai on June 14, 2012, 08:33:50 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2012, 08:25:03 AM
Matrix Games. :bleeding:  Home of the not-quite-fully-baked biscuit.

Never regretted turning down that job offer from them 15 years ago :lol:

We'll never see Grand Theft Auto: Taco Truck now.  :cry:

<_<
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Tamas on June 14, 2012, 07:24:11 AM
Have they fixed the sniper-AT guns taking your tanks out the moment they peak out from behind cover on the opposing end of the map?

?? unsure what you mean here. The last scenario I played (1st SS Breakthrough 5 July '43) my Tigers, which I usually position in overwatch, were picking off T-34's at over 1200 meters.

Kept the Tigers at range supporting and the only thing that hurt them was minefields and the fucking luftwaffe  :mad: .

11B4V

This guy does an excellent job in this video. He's very professional until 09:00... :lmfao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI4MNt-BtBM&feature=related