NH boy finds, returns cash-stuffed backpack

Started by garbon, May 07, 2009, 10:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Phillip V on May 08, 2009, 12:37:24 PM
Return lost goods. You would want the same thing done for you. I have lost my wallet before, and someone returned it to me.
If I dropped $50 out of my pocket onto the street, i would not bother to go to the authorities and fill out all the paperwork to reclaim it if it got turned in, so I wouldn't expect the person who found it to turn it in.  If I left it sitting on someone's coffee table, I would expect to get it back from them.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on May 08, 2009, 12:18:22 PM
You are full of shit Habs, I happen to know exactly what you do when you find yourself with "found" money that you know belongs to someone else.

:blush: :pope:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

Fail.

My dad bought his first car this way. Found a bag full of money in a phone box.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 08, 2009, 02:09:01 PM
Fixed ^_^

Generally, one should fix things to make them truthful or funny.  You did neither. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Phillip V on May 08, 2009, 12:37:24 PM
Return lost goods. You would want the same thing done for you. I have lost my wallet before, and someone returned it to me.

I lost my wallet once. Someone took out all the cash and threw it into a swamp but didn't touch the credit cards. And that's what I'd do, too.  :cool:
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

The Brain

I don't even pick up petty cash I find on the street. Like some weeks ago I walked by a 100 SEK bill (12ish USD?). Some kid needs it more than me, plus it wasn't entirely clean.

If I found serious amounts of cash I would turn it in. It is either some friendly but retarded elderly person who doesn't understand that there is no need to carry large amounts of cash around (in which case I would get a warm feeling for helping) or more likely it's drug money (in wich case the owner might not wish to claim it and I can walk away with the whole amount and still feel like the good Samaritan).
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Bayraktar!

Olive

Thanks for sharing this link. Such an inspiring story. :)