Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Maximus on June 15, 2012, 10:47:31 AM
Negotiations are concluded.

Spring deployment:
Brandon and 3 regulars to Berwick

Wasn't there an announcement that needed to go along with this?

Maximus

Do I give you your card now? I figured that would be done in the action phase but you're probably right.

England gives a card to France.

Solmyr

Cards are given during the negotiations phase, since that immediately changes game state. Same with peace, alliances, wars, giving mercenaries, etc. On the other hand, playing a card on someone's behalf is done during the action phase, in your impulse, and is essentially non-enforceable.

Anyway, just need Papal spring deployment if any, then impulses can begin.

sbr

I had already announced there would he no spring deployment for the pope.

Solmyr

Okay, Viking is up to play then. Can you also incorporate everyone's SD into your file?

Tamas

I can't really Spring Deploy closer to Metz now can I? :P

I AM open to concedeing it if the French can come up with a reasonable offer on why we shouldn't fight for it.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on June 15, 2012, 01:31:25 PM

Last I checked, Besancon was Habsburg territory.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

:facepalm:

Solmyr

:P

Anyway, as France is now rich (omg 5 cards), my offer to play Threat to Power on, say, Duke of Alva, is still open. Especially if you have some event that helps the Protestants.

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on June 15, 2012, 01:51:20 PM
Anyway, as France is now rich (omg 5 cards), my offer to play Threat to Power on, say, Duke of Alva, is still open. Especially if you have some event that helps the Protestants.

I can offer a card draw and 2 mercs next turn for TTP against Alva now.

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on June 15, 2012, 01:47:37 PM

Last I checked, Besancon was Habsburg territory.

meh, I didn't feel like leaving vienna alone. didn't feel right.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

ok, I forgot I had two capitals. There :P

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

I can't get mercs until Schmalkaldic League is played and my Rebel Base is established (i.e. earliest turn 3 diplo phase). I can accept a card draw next turn and 2 mercs as soon as I can receive them, though. If that is ok, I will play TTP on Alva this turn barring unforeseen Papal-induced disaster.