Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Nice try, szmik, but good job rereading the rules and deleting your post.  :P

szmik

Quote from: ulmont on June 27, 2012, 09:04:09 PM
Nice try, szmik, but good job rereading the rules and deleting your post.  :P

damn, it was on for like 5s  :hmm:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Maximus

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

Solmyr

Quote#78: 3 / Frederick the Wise
Convert the two German-speaking and Catholic spaces nearest to Wittenberg to Protestant religious influence. Protestant player choose between equidistant spaces. Protestant may then pick up Wartburg and add it to his hand if that card is in the discard pile.

Message from Protestant:
Converting Leipzig and Nuremberg. Grabbing Wartburg from the discards.

Over to Ottomans. If someone is going to play a nasty event on me, give me a chance to decide whether to Wartburg it.  :P

Viking

Resolved foreign war, 12 regulars return to istanbul. On to Tamas
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

#87: 2 / Mercenaries Demand Pay

Message from Hapsburgs:
take control of Nice and Pavia

Tamas

Solmyr, Viking, and me, we all forgot to indicate the fresh Protestant conversions. Which is a shame, as they are the first since turn 1.

Solmyr

I sent a file with my conversions and other fixes. :huh:

On another note Tamas, you cannot control those spaces, because Genoese enemy units are also adjacent to them. Not to mention Nice is across a pass.

Solmyr

Or, to be more precise:

You cannot control Nice because your units are across a pass, and thus not considered adjacent. You could move a unit into Nice to then control it, as you have LOC to it while your ship is in Gulf of Lyon.

You cannot control Pavia because a) enemy Genoese units are also adjacent to it, and b) you have no LOC to it because you do not control Genoa. Until you take Genoa, you cannot control it even if you move a unit there, due to b).

In other words, if your assault force drops to same or less as the Genoese, it will be completely destroyed. :P

Tamas

Viking's file didn't have those. I'll correct it.

And you are right about my move, so I'll be naval-moving my regulars from Barcelona to Nice from those 2 CPs.

File is coming.

Tamas

I was wrong about Viking's file, I am sending now my correct one.

Viking

he has loc now, why not just assault?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Quote from: Viking on June 28, 2012, 03:49:56 AM
he has loc now, why not just assault?

because in case of freakish un-luck, I wont kill any defenders while they score 3 hits and my stack with my leaders go buh-bye