News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

You gotta be kidding me... not enough that Solmyr will again be busy helping the Ottomans instead of, IDK, having more than 4 protestant spaces, he gets his payment via cheating.
:P

Solmyr

Viking

1 - I thought I was finished with diplomatization (apparently I wasn't - I am demanding tribute from the pope as we speak)

2 - As I understand it cards are given in impulse order and I go first. So I didn't see any real issue with it.

The card was given for services rendered (Pirate Haven) - not for future services.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

QuoteWhen this time limit is reached (or discussions have ended), each power (in Impulse Order) declares any agreements it has made that will result in a change in the game state. Announcements can be made as individual items, or as a group of agreements that need to be ratified together. All powers involved in an agreement that follow later in Impulse Order must confirm all the contents of this declaration when it is their turn in the Impulse Order. If they do not confirm the full deal, NONE of the items in the agreement take effect. If the agreement is confirmed by all parties, the players immediately change the game state by updating diplomatic status, marking and moving loaned naval squadrons, returning army leaders, changing political control of spaces, drawing random cards, and exchanging mercenaries.

In other words, all agreements must be confirmed before they are enacted. And, in theory, if you were giving a card draw to someone else, they would receive it before me since I am the last to confirm agreements. Not to mention the fact that you are offering a card draw may influence the diplomacy of other people.

Maximus

I believe I'm done with negotiations.

sbr

Tamas

Solmyr

sbr

Quote from: Viking on June 25, 2012, 11:10:31 AM
apparently I wasn't - I am demanding tribute from the pope as we speak

:huh:

either way

:moon:

Tamas

sbr, a classic Papal mistake is to give too cheap a divorce. Don't do it. :P

Solmyr

Or, considering England is untouched by anyone, think before giving them free 5 VP at all. :P

Viking

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

if everyone is done but ulmont, he must be done as well out of statistical necessity :D

Viking, start the declaration process.

Viking

If 5 Players are Done the the 6th player is done as well. We can move on to announcements.

Ottomans announce the following agreements.

Hapsburgs - agree to pay tribute and give one card draw, ottomans stoop to accept their offer of white peace.
Protestants - we greet our fellow believers in the book and send luther a gilded koran as well as one card draw in the hopes that he translates the Koran and Hadith rather than the old and new testaments. 

Tamas

Habsburg announcement:

In acceptance of the Ottoman white peace offer, I give them a card draw.