News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Youtube Recommendations

Started by mongers, June 10, 2012, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Syt

Those videos about the Tudors make me want to play EU4. And then I fire up EU4 and am quickly cured of that impulse. I should install EU2 again. :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

If you like Sudoku this is an incredible video. Holy moly!  :wacko:

https://youtu.be/yKf9aUIxdb4
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 18, 2020, 05:32:11 AM

I like the samurai theme, but I still need to finish the Dark Souls games and Bloodborne.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 18, 2020, 05:32:11 AM

https://youtu.be/yKf9aUIxdb4

I don't do Sudoku myself, but agree the vid is a fun watch.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on May 18, 2020, 07:30:40 AM
I don't do Sudoku myself, but agree the vid is a fun watch.

The way he's really into it really pulled me in. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

I used to do a lot of Sudoku but I got a little too robotic about it and it ceased to be fun. The techniques in those videos make me want to take it up again. Thanks for bringing that to my attention Tim. :)
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

The head of the German Tank Museum, Ralf Raths, is somewhat unpopular with some of the Wehraboos who complain about a "young" guy (he's born in '77) with long hair running the museum, and that he "badmouths" (i.e. doesn't glorify) the German Panzerwaffe/Wehrmacht but rather sticks to facts and evidence in his YouTube videos and book reviews.

With his intro showing him "working from home" for the announcement that the museum reopens (with Corona rules in place) I'm sure he's trolling that segment:

:lol:

(The actual presentation is all professional after that, with a proper shirt, and hair tied into his trademark pony tail)
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Funny how actual historians tend not to glorify historical events or agents while the amateur "history nerds" gravitate around such things.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

"Five Amazing Easter Eggs in The Empire Strikes Back - YouTube in 1980"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPhuU6V5JIQ
—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

NANOWAR OF STEEL - Valhalleluja:

https://youtu.be/S9WWz95ripA

The longest Ikea ad I've ever seen.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

I was recently put on to them due to their Tooth Fairy video, which is equally as impressive.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

Nanowar (of Steel) are awesome, but you need to know a lot about Italy and its society to get many of their jokes.

I take it that you're familiar with Norwegian Reggaeton already?  :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0YXfeNxJJ0

Habbaku

Quote from: The Larch on May 22, 2020, 09:36:35 AM
Nanowar (of Steel) are awesome, but you need to know a lot about Italy and its society to get many of their jokes.

:hmm: Not sure which of the jokes I missed--they all seem pretty transparent to me!

QuoteI take it that you're familiar with Norwegian Reggaeton already?  :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0YXfeNxJJ0

:D Yes, I'm working through all their videos now that I got the bug.

-J. R. R. Tolkien