And we're back!

Main Menu

Youtube Recommendations

Started by mongers, June 10, 2012, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Watching the solution of this Sudoku gave me a headache. :lol:

Summary of how to break in and discover x/y:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on February 04, 2024, 03:48:36 AMNot really played it myself (not really into RTS)
Try it, if you like Warhammer.
I think it's worth it, even if you don't like RTS.

The first expansion has a story, the other 2 don't.

Although I had heard of Warhammer before, I had no real idea of the lore before that.

That was an extremely funny introduction.  Everyone is completely nuts in this universe. :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Yeah, sorry, not enjoying RTS much (with the single exception of Age of Kings). Too stressful. :P

Anyways, if anyone likes sound effects from movies/tv shows old and new, this channel more than likely has you covered:

https://www.youtube.com/@thatsfxguy
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Darth Wagtaros

For Analog Horror Angel Hare is good. 

PDH!

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

garbon

Mash up for a faux Cher and David Lynch interview.

https://youtu.be/7IvTunmj048
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I found this quite interesting. A DW news doc/series of interviews about male extremism.
Some good snippets in there. Avoids just saying "Aren't these people awful!" and instead discusses the why in a pretty matter of fact way.

██████
██████
██████

grumbler

The DW vid is unwatchable for me because there is so much distortion in the audio.  Is that my connection or the video itself?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

I think it's you Grumbler.  The audio quality for me was good.

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2024, 11:32:01 AMSounds fine on my end.

Thanks. I will watch when I have a different connection.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josephus

What if you got all the great guitar players in the world to record a Mark Knopfler song for charity

https://youtu.be/kNKvoVMcslk?si=krFzCVXZ725PIiOl
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

grumbler

Quote from: Josephus on March 15, 2024, 12:56:48 PMWhat if you got all the great guitar players in the world to record a Mark Knopfler song for charity

https://youtu.be/kNKvoVMcslk?si=krFzCVXZ725PIiOl

:nerd:

Bayraktar!