News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Youtube Recommendations

Started by mongers, June 10, 2012, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on September 03, 2022, 05:39:09 AMOversimplified have released a two part video about the First Punic War :)

The intro for part 1 where Roman Dad is telling his son what it means to be Roman is amazing  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on November 04, 2022, 12:07:49 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 03, 2022, 05:39:09 AMOversimplified have released a two part video about the First Punic War :)

The intro for part 1 where Roman Dad is telling his son what it means to be Roman is amazing  :lol:

It was the poo sponge, wasn't it? :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLUMJJDyK1w

A therapist analyzes Darrell Brooks' manipulative courtroom behavior in the framework of domestic violence.

Brooks is the dude who plowed through a parade and defended himself.

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LXbH8W0hes

Mark Felton Production about the Soviet hottie who directed traffic in front of the Brandenburg Gate after Germany's surrender.

PJL

Just saw this a day or two ago. Basically the history of how we knew about global warming / climate change. And it only goes up to the 1960s/70s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGtAilkWTtI

Would be very surprised if there isn't at least a part 2 if not more.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

A short one relevant to the Kanye West situation.
Turns out Garfunkel and Oates are time travellers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RMdwA8GWB8
██████
██████
██████

Syt

For many years I was not aware that the music I associated with Ghost'n'Goblins was exclusive to C64 (on which I played the game).

Here's the arcade theme that most people are familiar with:

And this is the C64 version, inspired in parts by Chopin and written by Mark Cooksey:

(After the "spooky"(?) part it becomes a lot funkier around the 0:30 mark.)

If the SID version hurts your ear, here's a more orchestral one. :P

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

As a non-USian, I find this kind of stuff fascinating, in a "what if" kind of way (esp. considering how arbitrary some of the states in the US are). :)

—Stephen Jay Gould

Tonitrus

Alas, I am pretty sure that 99% of wannabe states are just efforts of rural folk trying to get them city slickers out of messing' with their land.

grumbler

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 03, 2023, 12:23:38 PMAlas, I am pretty sure that 99% of wannabe states are just efforts of rural folk trying to get them city slickers out of messing' with their land.

I'd think it closer to 2/3, with the other third rich folks trying to avoid paying taxes that just support benefits received mostly by the poor.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Guy builds accordion out of two C64s and floppy disks. End of the video has an explanation of how the build works.

:nerd:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Brett Goldstein on Sesame Street. Contains several Ted Lasso references. :D

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

That's like the wholesome version of Roy Kent.  :lol:

Josquius

Super square Irish TV presenter in 1983 meets THE YOUTH and their crazy ways. Quite the stark contrast to the famous Sex Pistols interview. Kind of interesting as a glimpse into a world that on the surface is what we know but...off.
██████
██████
██████