Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Francos use Coke in Quebec.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Richard Hakluyt

We used pop when I was a kid living in the North of England, never used it down South. Wiki seems to think it is a North of England, Midlands and south Wales thing.

Josquius

Whats the opposite of a recommendation?
Here's my youtube.... dis-recommendation.
Randomly suggested to me today was an 'audit video'. I gave it a look...and it seems to be just some smarmy git going to a random business, sneaking into its yard and just filming stuff to try and provoke security. I can see nothing suspicious about the business or anything that would warrant it being covered, its just...random.
And apparently this video isn't a one off, its a big thing with a niche of online weirdos.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on April 30, 2024, 07:13:48 AMWhats the opposite of a recommendation?
Randomly suggested to me today was an 'audit video'. I gave it a look...and it seems to be just some smarmy git going to a random business, sneaking into its yard and just filming stuff to try and provoke security. I can see nothing suspicious about the business or anything that would warrant it being covered, its just...random.
And apparently this video isn't a one off, its a big thing with a niche of online weirdos.

These doofs are pathetic.  What cracks me up is when people will take the videos these clowns posted online to show how awesome they are to show how ridiculous they are.

Josquius

Apparently the correct way to tackle them and piss them off is to get out your phone and play Disney music - this makes their footage, the entire reason they're doing it, unusable on YouTube and tick tock.

I've seen far right folks are very keen on the smug smile and silently filming thing at protests and generally when they cause a disturbance.
I'll have to make sure to have a disney track on my phone in case I run into it again.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2024, 02:31:47 PM
Quote from: Josquius on April 30, 2024, 07:13:48 AMWhats the opposite of a recommendation?

These doofs are pathetic.  What cracks me up is when people will take the videos these clowns posted online to show how awesome they are to show how ridiculous they are.

Youtube has such a weird phenomenon of people reacting to a video of people reacting to a youtube video.  I've only ever seen it go 2 levels of reactions, but I'm sure somewhere out there it can get to three levels or more.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 30, 2024, 02:39:53 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2024, 02:31:47 PM

Youtube has such a weird phenomenon of people reacting to a video of people reacting to a youtube video.  I've only ever seen it go 2 levels of reactions, but I'm sure somewhere out there it can get to three levels or more.

Oh yes it can: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLU28uqlQwA

Of course this was a goof on that very concept  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on April 30, 2024, 02:39:38 PMApparently the correct way to tackle them and piss them off is to get out your phone and play Disney music - this makes their footage, the entire reason they're doing it, unusable on YouTube and tick tock.

I've seen far right folks are very keen on the smug smile and silently filming thing at protests and generally when they cause a disturbance.
I'll have to make sure to have a disney track on my phone in case I run into it again.

Here it skews left: filming of cops and post offices and the like.

Sheilbh

Eugene Delacroix's Liberty Leading the People has been restored stripping 8 layers of varnish:
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2024/apr/30/delacroixs-liberty-shows-her-true-colours-after-louvre-restoration

The change is fantastic:

Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2024, 03:19:11 PM
Quote from: Josquius on April 30, 2024, 02:39:38 PMApparently the correct way to tackle them and piss them off is to get out your phone and play Disney music - this makes their footage, the entire reason they're doing it, unusable on YouTube and tick tock.

Here it skews left: filming of cops and post offices and the like.

The few I've seen I don't know if they're lefty or righty. They show up at libraries and other public buildings to show off their "rights" and power trip over cops. I've watched very few in the hopes they'd be pepper sprayed or tazed, but am always sorely disappointed.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 30, 2024, 04:45:21 PMEugene Delacroix's Liberty Leading the People has been restored stripping 8 layers of varnish:
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2024/apr/30/delacroixs-liberty-shows-her-true-colours-after-louvre-restoration

The change is fantastic:

Odd, I like the grimy version more. Probably because that's what I'm used to.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on April 30, 2024, 04:51:03 PMOdd, I like the grimy version more. Probably because that's what I'm used to.

Me 2.  More Rembrandty, less Baroque.

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on April 30, 2024, 04:51:03 PMOdd, I like the grimy version more. Probably because that's what I'm used to.
That makes sense.

I watch an embarrassing amount of art restoration style TV shows and YouTubes (:ph34r:) and sometimes do prefer the slightly hazy damaged varnished painting that had hung in a room thick with cigar smoke for 100 years.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Thrilled to see Tobias Funke's found a new job:
Let's bomb Russia!