News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Drew Peterson indicted in 3rd wife's death

Started by merithyn, May 07, 2009, 08:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. (AP) — Former police sergeant Drew Peterson, long suspected in the 2007 disappearance of his fourth wife, was charged Thursday with murdering his third wife, whose 2004 death had been deemed accidental before authorities revisited it once Stacy Peterson vanished.

Will County prosecutors and Illinois State Police planned an evening news conference to discuss a murder indictment issued against the former Bolingbrook police officer in the death of Kathleen Savio.

Peterson was arrested Thursday evening during a traffic stop in Bolingbrook, said Chuck Pelkie, spokesman for Will County state's attorney.

Authorities declined to immediately release further details.

Savio's body was found in an empty bathtub. Her death was originally ruled an accidental drowning but authorities later said it was a homicide staged to look like an accident.

Savio's family has long voiced suspicions about the circumstances surrounding her death, especially after the October 2007 disappearance of Stacy Peterson, then 23.

Peterson, 55, is a suspect in the disappearance but has not been charged in that case. He has repeatedly said he thinks Stacy Peterson ran off with another man.

Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, said in an e-mail Thursday he was on his way to New York and referred messages to Peterson's publicist, Glenn Selig. Selig said only that he could not confirm Peterson's arrest.

Savio's 73-year-old father, Henry, said Thursday that an arrest should have been made long ago.

"I always wondered" about her death, he said. "I was never pleased with the (coroner's finding of suicide) from the beginning."

In more than a year and a half since Stacy Peterson's disappearance, Drew Peterson has been under a media microscope, and at times he has seemed to relish the attention.

This week Selig said Peterson was interested in a job offer from a Nevada brothel that is the setting for the HBO reality show "Cathouse." An HBO spokeswoman said the network would sooner cancel the show than allow Peterson to appear on it.

This is my brother's neighbor. My sister-in-law knew the guy's fourth wife and the guy.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on May 07, 2009, 08:37:23 PMThis is my brother's neighbor. My sister-in-law knew the guy's fourth wife and the guy.

He seems like a rather unpleasant fellow.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on May 07, 2009, 08:55:19 PM
Quote from: merithyn on May 07, 2009, 08:37:23 PMThis is my brother's neighbor. My sister-in-law knew the guy's fourth wife and the guy.

You think!?  :D
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Wasn't there a Scott Peterson in the news a while ago for something similar?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: Caliga on May 07, 2009, 08:55:19 PM

Quite the opposite, I'm told. He's fairly charming. I guess he only becomes unpleasant after he marries you and then wants you dead.

merithyn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 07, 2009, 09:14:21 PM

Yep. Killed his eight-month pregnant wife.

Caliga

Yeah.  Ladies, don't marry guys with that surname PLZ.  :)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: merithyn on May 07, 2009, 09:15:01 PM

Obviously the name is a good indication of homicidal tendencies. Probably why we never saw Vera.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

Um, about time an arrest was made on this guy? Seems every one of his wives wound up dead, but no one could figure it out!  :huh:

Razgovory

Quote from: KRonn on May 07, 2009, 10:29:19 PM
Um, about time an arrest was made on this guy? Seems every one of his wives wound up dead, but no one could figure it out!  :huh:
Pshah, I had a great aunt who was widowed 8 times.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PRC

Quote from: Razgovory on May 08, 2009, 12:39:09 AM
Pshah, I had a great aunt who was widowed 8 times.

Maybe it's time to investigate the nephew?

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on May 07, 2009, 09:15:01 PM

I meant unpleasant in the sense that he has a tendency to repeatedly murder family members. ^_^