News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Have we got salt wrong?

Started by Sheilbh, June 05, 2012, 07:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Sorry, it's from the NYT.  The reason it's worthy of notice is the reason almost anything is, it's interesting.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

If I pretend really, really hard enough, will salt no longer knock my blood pressure into the troposhere?

Siege

TL, DR.

What's the short version of the OP?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Siege on June 06, 2012, 07:12:53 PM
TL, DR.

We're not sure salt is bad for you.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2012, 11:08:51 PM
If I pretend really, really hard enough, will salt no longer knock my blood pressure into the troposhere?

Do more exercise and then you'll be able to enjoy more salt without the supposed downsides.  :smoke:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

I try to keep my use of salt lower but I'm not extreme about it. I don't have any health reasons to cut down on salt, just got in the habit. Some foods, like canned soups, have a lot of salt.  I still like them, Progresso soups for instance, but I also get unsalted soup too and I like it. I buy unsalted chips, and actually like those better than the salted. Not as greasy.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 06, 2012, 07:46:27 PM
Quote from: Siege on June 06, 2012, 07:12:53 PM
TL, DR.

We're not sure salt is bad for you.
That too but I thought the really interesting point was that salt consumption's actually generally flat.
Let's bomb Russia!